Have you tried the .BAT file, it always works for me see post#8. I just keep it in documents and when windows update begins to "spinnen" I click it and then immediately retry check for updates.
yes I did - clicked on the bat file and afterwards searched for windows updates for 5 times in a row - the error code is still coming up
Are you using VPN?
If you don't know you are probably not using one. From Wikipedia: A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network across a public network, such as the Internet. It enables a computer or Wi-Fi-enabled device to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if it were directly connected to the private network, while benefiting from the functionality, security and management policies of the private network.
The only other thing I can think of is to place windows update in Internet Explorers Trusted Site list so:
added windows update to Trusted Sites, and it's still not working.
I've also used the repair option of avast, but it won't work either.
Now I will deinstall Avast and try it one more time....
Edit: deinstalled avast - still not working.. *grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*
Can you just turn Avast off, I must say though that in other threads and in the Microsoft TechNet sites that 3rd party AV solutions do have negative effects on windows update for windows 8 and above(probably due to how tight they've got the default security screwed, Safeboot for example protects against rootkits from running during boot time when windows is really open for attack, where worms and viruses could reload a copy of themselves after being quarantined. I've been using MSE and now Defender for years and never got infected, they warn well before hand and I never got any false negatives.
I've already tried that before, and it didn't work either.
I will now use my smartphone as a hotspot, because I can't get rid of the thought, that it might have somthing to do with my t-mobile wlan router - before that I used "Drei" and never had problems with win update...
And I'm using avast now for more than a year, and never had problems before...
it's just weird...
That's a possibility the router settings. I'm still using a Vodafone mobile broadband usb(I haven't got around to going downtown to Kabel Deutschland to sign up for "Internetanschluss 20") and that leaves me with a Metered Connection, that's why I have to manually download.