In order to best provide assistance, we request users to initially run the Windows Diagnostics Tool to try and identify the issue you may be having.
Download and run WDT from the link below:
Choose windows validation from the menu bar and it will run the diagnostics test. You can then save a report as a text file containing information relating to licencing.
If an error is detected, you can see the description by clicking/tapping on the error link.
Remember the following:
1. Specify from whom the Windows 8 media and what type of key was purchased?
2. Has any piracy software been installed and removed – including Watermark removers?
3. DO NOT post the full Product Key.
4. Please provide a short description of how and when the issue you are experiencing evolved.
5. Sometimes the report can be very long, if there are lots of eventlog errors - so please post between <code> tags (# in the toolbar) or attach the report instead.
NOTE: The data collected with the Windows Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.
Legacy scripts are still available below.