I always do as these are fixes for non-critical problems and will keep your system at optimum performance. I would do KB2962409 first as that was released in June, then do the KB2967917 which is a July update.
As long as they are not driver updates, which I hide, you will be OK. Driver updates I do directly with the device manufacturer.
Actually, that July optional update is compound of several updates. Checked it installed, and no driver stuff in there. I was anxious about drivers in it too.
This is what the June update fixes.
This update package fixes the issues that are documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2960387 You are prompted for BitLocker recovery key when Windows enters the automatic repair process
- 2961977 "Hyper-V Replica Cluster Broker is not installed" error when you replicate private clouds to Microsoft Azure
- 2963523 DNS server crashes after you install update 2919355 for Windows Server 2012 R2.
- 2964723 Connectivity lost between two nodes when a node reconnects to a Windows Server 2012 R2-based cluster
- 2964724 CPrepSrv.exe process crashes or Failover Cluster Manager freezes when you validate storage in Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2964725 Removed nodes can access shared disk resources unexpectedly in Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2964729 You cannot stop the cluster service on a Windows Server 2012 R2-based failover cluster
- 2964730 Storage spaces take a long time to move to another node after a node fails on a Windows Server 2012 R2 failover cluster
- 2964732 STS passive sign-in fails when a sign-in request is sent to a Windows Server 2012 R2-based STS server through STS proxy
- 2964733 AD FS device authentication is slow or fails in Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2964735 Authentication failures and event 422 when AD FS STS servers and AD FS proxy servers are in Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2964804 Long wait when you first open File Explorer in Windows RT 8.1 or Windows 8.1
- 2964814 Virtual machine network fails when you start the second VM on a Windows Server 2012 R2-based Hyper-V server
- 2964951 Windows Update does not download drivers for shared printers in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2965074 Error occurs when you run Get-VirtualDisk|Get-ClusterResource cmdlet in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2965174 OneDrive improvement update for Windows RT 8.1 and Windows 8.1: June 2014
- 2965492 "0x80041013" error on a WMI provider in Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2965699 "There was a problem" error when you redeem a promotional CSV token in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2965770 Cannot select Chinese suggestion words from on-screen keyboard in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2966039 Settings are migrated incorrectly after you refresh the system by using PBR in Windows RT 8.1 or Windows 8.1
- 2966055 Logon UI crashes when you connect to a remote server that is running a Windows Server 2012 R2 Core installation
- 2968633 Update to improve the OneDrive experience in Windows RT 8.1 and Windows 8.1
- 2960837 Excel freezes when you convert Japanese characters in Windows
- 2956014 Audit event ID 4661 triggers an invalid XML error in a Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2008 environment
- 2950080 "The CA certificate could not be retrieved, element not found" error occurs when the CA server host name is longer than 52 characters
- 2936341 The WebClient service does not send cookies in Windows
- 2965350 Shared printer name displays incorrectly in Windows
- 2964556 IKEv2 VPN connection fails with error 13806 when you use an ECDSA certificate in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2964536 Computer cannot be registered in DNS when you renew the IP address in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2964442 Hidden file attribute is copied when you run the Robocopy command together with using the NoDCopy option in Windows
- 2964436 Files under SharePoint path cannot be copied to another computer by using a Robocopy command in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8
- 2964090 DNS queries fail on secondary DNS server running Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2012
- 2963861 Access denied when you try to lock a volume in maintenance mode in Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2012
- 2962984 Computer crashes when you run apps that use extended window styles
- 2962059 "RPC Server Unavailable" error when you set up a password and then click Next in Bitlocker To Go in Windows 8.1 or Windows 7
- 2958266 Black screen occurs when you start a game that uses Direct3D 9 in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2955856 Incorrect CNAME records on a Windows Server 2012 R2-based DNS server
- 2955808 A VPN connection through a third-party VPN server disconnects after an hour on a computer that is running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8
- 2941455 Video preview is blurry when you open a camera application in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- 2961934 Rotation does not work on a Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2-based computer
- 2961892 Incorrect orientation for touch input when you wake up the computer from sleep mode in Windows RT 8.1 or Windows 8.1
- 2958997 EUDC fonts cannot be printed correctly by using an XPS print driver in Windows
A simple tip to learn more about Windows Updates: use URL http://support.microsoft.com/kb/XXXXXX (replace XXXXXXX with the update's KB number). This shows information about the update, what it is and what it does.
You can also right click a suggested update and select Copy details and then paste it to for instance Notepad to see a short summary:
If the update is already installed you can right click it in Update History and view the details directly without first pasting them to Notepad:
That last one is how I checked about those updates, but for a strange reason it didn't show up first day, only next day contents were listed. Looks like for first time I managed to get updates as soon as they were out, usually it takes a day or two to show up on my computer.