Download Repair disc Windows 8 64-bit.iso (395,161,600 bytes) from my Dropbox account.
You can burn a CD-R from the ISO. I used ImgBurn to do this and it works fine.
Alternatively, you can create a bootable flash drive:
- Download and run Universal USB Installer Easy as 1 2 3
- Select Windows 8 from the first drop down list, all the way to the bottom
- Select the Repair disc Windows 8 64-bit.iso file
- Select your USB flash drive
- Check the box to format the flash drive
- Click Create
In 5 minutes or so you will have a bootable flash drive you can use to Repair your Windows 8 X64 systems. I tried this and it works fine as well.
I have not tried it but this should work with any Windows 8 X64 system since you are not trying to install anything.
Boot the CD or flash drive and do the System Restore as described here: System Repair Disc - Create in Windows 8