Staying up to date with groups of friends and family is easy with Skype for Web (beta)
and Skype for Outlook.com
and, thanks to all your feedback and requests, we’ve just made your group chats even better!
From today, in addition to group IM we’ve launched free group voice and group video calls! You can add up to 25 people to a voice call and up to 10 to a video call, which makes them great for family get-togethers, group guitar lessons
, or even to make a movie
! Keep your feedback
coming, so we get your favorite Skype features launched quickly!
To make a free group call using Skype for Web or Skype for Outlook.com:
- Visit web.skype.com or Outlook.com and sign in.
- Select +New to start a new conversation (or + for Outlook.com).
- Add friends to the chat (you can have up to 25 participants on a voice call and up to 10 on a video call).
- Click confirm and start a chat.
- Fix your hair and then, when you’re ready, click the call or video call button.
Thanks again for continuing to use Skype for Web and Skype for Outlook.com as we roll out new features. Please continue to share your feedback in the Skype community.
Known issues for Skype for Web and Skype for Outlook.com 1.7 are:
|Group video calls
||· Presenter view not available.· Participants cannot be added/removed during call.· Only Up to 3 participant’s video will be shown at once.
|Group voice calls
||· Participants cannot be added/removed during call