Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Norton 2013 beta supports Windows 8 Metro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1


    DJC

    Banned

    Join Date : Mar 2012
    Posts : 151
    Windows 8

    Norton 2013 beta supports Windows 8 Metro


    Symantec has released the first 2013 public betas of Norton Antivirus,Norton Internet Security and Norton 360.
    Norton 2013 beta supports Windows 8 Metro
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2
    jimbo45's Avatar

    Senior Member


    Join Date : Sep 2011
    Hafnarfjörður IS
    Posts : 3,430
    Linux Mint KDE 16, W8.1, W7, W2K3 Server
    Iceland


    Quote Originally Posted by DJC View Post
    Symantec has released the first 2013 public betas of Norton Antivirus,Norton Internet Security and Norton 360.
    Norton 2013 beta supports Windows 8 Metro

    Ugh!!! I wouldn't install that bunch of ---pware on a PC even if YOU PAID me. !!!!

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3



    Member

    Join Date : Mar 2012
    Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico
    Posts : 607
    Windows 8
    Mexico us pennsylvania


    Eighteen years ago, I fell in love with Norton Anti-virus, and I hated its evil arch-enemy, MacAfee. But Norton started putting entries on your computer that would sabotage other AV programs if you switched.

    Six years ago, I switched to free AV programs and I've never regretted it.

    But then the free ones started forcing themselves to start-up all the time, even though I only wanted one of them to be running. So now I just stick with Windows Defender, and I'm not having any problems.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4



    Member

    Join Date : Mar 2012
    Posts : 241
    Windows 7


    I updated my NIS and it still seems to be working fine! FWIW
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.   

  6. #5



    Banned

    Join Date : Mar 2012
    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86
    USA us new york


    Quote Originally Posted by glennc View Post
    I updated my NIS and it still seems to be working fine! FWIW
    ??? Just yesterday you said you had to go through a process so it doesn't shutdown hang.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #6
    chev65's Avatar

    Senior Member



    Join Date : Jan 2010
    Beach house paradise
    Posts : 2,079
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMC
    USA us california


    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DJC View Post
    Symantec has released the first 2013 public betas of Norton Antivirus,Norton Internet Security and Norton 360.
    Norton 2013 beta supports Windows 8 Metro
    Ugh!!! I wouldn't install that bunch of ---pware on a PC even if YOU PAID me. !!!!

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Man do I ever agree with that statement.

    Norton turns your Windows machine into a Norton Op system, taking over your entire system for the sake of security is ridiculous.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #7



    Member

    Join Date : Mar 2012
    Posts : 241
    Windows 7


    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glennc View Post
    I updated my NIS and it still seems to be working fine! FWIW
    ??? Just yesterday you said you had to go through a process so it doesn't shutdown hang.
    Hey GMan, yes I did. But that hasn't been identified yet with Norton. That shutdown procedure came from Window 8 forum and was an answer to a shutdown problem as described. Don't forget the defrag issue I posted also. I promise that when my subscription runs out, I'll see if I the problem disappears and make a full disclosure statement!
    Cheers
    Glenn
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #8



    Banned

    Join Date : Mar 2012
    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86
    USA us new york


    Quote Originally Posted by glennc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glennc View Post
    I updated my NIS and it still seems to be working fine! FWIW
    ??? Just yesterday you said you had to go through a process so it doesn't shutdown hang.
    Hey GMan, yes I did. But that hasn't been identified yet with Norton. That shutdown procedure came from Window 8 forum and was an answer to a shutdown problem as described. Don't forget the defrag issue I posted also. I promise that when my subscription runs out, I'll see if I the problem disappears and make a full disclosure statement!
    Cheers
    Glenn
    How many times did I say it was Norton already? About 8-10?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #9



    Banned

    Join Date : Mar 2012
    Posts : 1,851
    8250 x86 + 7 SP1 x86 + Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86
    USA us new york
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  11. #10



    Member

    Join Date : Mar 2012
    Posts : 241
    Windows 7


    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glennc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post

    ??? Just yesterday you said you had to go through a process so it doesn't shutdown hang.
    Hey GMan, yes I did. But that hasn't been identified yet with Norton. That shutdown procedure came from Window 8 forum and was an answer to a shutdown problem as described. Don't forget the defrag issue I posted also. I promise that when my subscription runs out, I'll see if I the problem disappears and make a full disclosure statement!
    Cheers
    Glenn
    How many times did I say it was Norton already? About 8-10?
    Hello GMan,
    I know that you have made this point often. But never having this problem ever in XP or in Windows 7 Ultimate, I took it with a bit of skepticism as maybe you might be mistaken and are obviously anti Norton. Finding that Microsoft Windows 8 forum mentions the shutdown problem and a fix for it without mentioning any 3rd party software being the cause also caused some doubt. Having looked at the link you provided and I will read it further, it does add credence to your confident diagnosis. But again from personal experience it never happened until Window 8 CP. Since I use it with complete confidence on W7 and it is, in actuality, the cause of the shutdown hangups with W8CP, I still feel it is worth it, especially since I already paid for it. Again I like the bloated interaction of the program. Once I read up on it and as I believe it will confirm you pov, I am still stuck with the situation as it is. When Windows 8 becomes available it will probably be too expensive for me to care to purchase and I will go back to Ubuntu. So I see no reason to change. I again and always have appreciated your experienced advice. Thanks for the links!!
    Glenn
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Norton 2013 beta supports Windows 8 Metro
Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Norton Internet Security 2012, Windows 8 Consumer Preview. System Security
Does windows 8 preview supports DirectX 11.1? Gaming
New Norton 360 Public Beta Free Version System Security
Report: ARM-based Windows 8 Notebooks to Arrive in mid-2013 Windows 8 News
Windows 8 to hit store shelves on January 7th, 2013 Windows 8 News

Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook