Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Microsoft Employees Fired Over Windows 8 Leaks

  1. #21


    Posts : 2,067
    Windows 8.0 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by 24c View Post
    We need to mix a Windows 8 build with a leak to get back on topic and move forward with Windows 8 pre-beta testing...:grin:

    ....and then add a touch of cherry.
    Yeah, nobody found out what flavor the leak was or even if it's carbonated.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #22


    No more news/leak from a good guy, too sad............

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #23


    Wzor, has been silent as well. My contacts have been trying to get a hold of him since they heard the news since he was close to Zuko.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. #24


    I hope SoLaR could give us some more light......

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #25


    Posts : 128
    Win8 Pro x64


    After all the Vista and 7 leaks, NOW someone gets fired for leaking 8, not sure I'm on board with the logic here. What makes leaking 8 different form the 2 earlier OSs?

    I always thought MS allowed the leaking process to continue to get the OS into the hands of computer knowledgeable people for feedback. I'm sure there are MS people reading these forums to see what is being written about the OS as it develops.

    My 1st thought - this is a scheme to increase the appetite for 8 prior to the 1st public beta, insuring a large demand for the public beta. I could be wrong, my other "1st thought" was that marriage was a good idea, more beta testing was needed there for sure.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #26


    Posts : 24
    Windows 8 Release Preview


    Well, they did release the leaks for us, thank those 2 employees that we do have have them. But yeah, they also were breaking their employment contract... It even says on the builds a warning for employees.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #27


    Well they did not directly "leak to us" they gave them to a friend/family member out of trust who in turn leaked the os's from what I understand. the actual leakers do not work for MS themselves.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #28


    Germany/Florida
    Posts : 4,515
    Vista and Win7


    Quote Originally Posted by mckillwashere View Post
    Well they did not directly "leak to us" they gave them to a friend/family member out of trust who in turn leaked the os's from what I understand. the actual leakers do not work for MS themselves.
    And what is the difference. It was a breach of contract.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #29


    Posts : 128
    Win8 Pro x64


    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    And what is the difference. It was a breach of contract.
    Exactly. A leak is a leak no matter who the leaker, or leakee may be. Kind of like that "....a rose by any other name...." thing.

    ETA - This whole Win8 leak scene is turning into a circus run by 3 year olds. I never saw this type of nonsense in either the VISTA or Win7 leak/beta programs. JMO, no offense meant to the cool 3 year olds.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #30


    Yucaipa, California, USA
    Posts : 130
    Windows 8.1 Pro w/ WMC x64


    Quote Originally Posted by 24c View Post
    After all the Vista and 7 leaks, NOW someone gets fired for leaking 8, not sure I'm on board with the logic here. What makes leaking 8 different form the 2 earlier OSs?

    I always thought MS allowed the leaking process to continue to get the OS into the hands of computer knowledgeable people for feedback. I'm sure there are MS people reading these forums to see what is being written about the OS as it develops.

    My 1st thought - this is a scheme to increase the appetite for 8 prior to the 1st public beta, insuring a large demand for the public beta. I could be wrong, my other "1st thought" was that marriage was a good idea, more beta testing was needed there for sure.
    I think that the reason MSFT is holding back on leaking 8 and firing employees is because of marketing! Just look at Apple, the more secretive they are, the more rumors, the more rumors = more public interest, more public interest= more adopters of Win8. Just another view on the topic.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Microsoft Employees Fired Over Windows 8 Leaks

Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 8 Memory Management/Leaks
PROBLEM: I would like to know where i can find if there's a memory leak using Windows 8, I have W7 and never had this problem before, my computer ran for 60days with no problem on W7, now on W8, after 7-8 days have all my memory or 98% of it in use. Here are some screenshots... Thanks. ...
Performance & Maintenance
Microsoft's Haswell-based Surface Pro 2: The leaks begin
Read more at: Microsoft's Haswell-based Surface Pro 2: The leaks begin | ZDNet
Windows 8 News
The Surface fiasco fallout: Ballmer, you're fired
The Surface fiasco fallout: Ballmer, you're fired | The Industry Standard - InfoWorld
Windows 8 News
Microsoft roadmap leaks for Office 15, IE 10 and more key products
Source A Guy
Windows 8 News
Microsoft Locking Down Windows 8 to Stop More Leaks
Microsoft Locking Down Windows 8 to Stop More Leaks
Windows 8 News
Microsoft employees reveal some Windows 8 tidbits
Microsoft employees reveal some Windows 8 tidbits | WinRumors
Windows 8 News

Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook