Exploring the Weather app
Windows 8 apps put content before chrome. They are elegant. They are immersive. And they
provide a consistent, compelling user experience. Complete the following steps to open and
use the Windows 8 Weather app:
1. On the Start screen, click (or tap) the Weather app. Notice how the Weather app uses
the full screen.
2. Move your mouse to the bottom of the screen and scroll the app left and right (or drag
your finger right and left) to reveal more of the Weather app.
3. Click the minus sign (-) in the bottom-right corner of the screen (or pinch the Weather
app with two fingers), and click or tap Hourly Forecast.
4. To see the app commands available for the Weather app, right-click anywhere in the
app (or swipe in from the top edge of the screen).
5. Click (or tap) Places, to view weather in different areas.
6. Right-click (or swipe from the top edge of the screen), and then click (or tap) World
Weather to see the weather for different locations around the world.