I don't understand the last statement.
Originally Posted by Awol
1. Once you boot into the recovery environment and open the command prompt, you should determine the drive letter on which your VHD resides (tip: open notepad in command prompt and press Ctrl+O to see it in GUI),
2. Then go with:
select vdisk file="F:\win8.vhd"
sel disk X
sel par Y
- "F:\win8.vhd" is the path to VHD you've determined during step 1
- X is the VHD disk number as shown in list disk
- Y is the partition number with your windows installation on VHD as shown in list par
- W - is the letter you assign to the partition
Then exit diskpart, type regedit and proceed with the instructions I linked to.