Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


SATA Drivers - Load in Windows 8 System Image Recovery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1
    SATA Drivers - Load in Windows 8 System Image Recovery

    SATA Drivers - Load in Windows 8 System Image Recovery
    How to Load SATA Drivers in Windows 8 System Image Recovery
    Published by theog is offline
    29 Sep 2012
    Default SATA Drivers - Load in Windows 8 System Image Recovery

    How to Load SATA Drivers in Windows 8 System Image Recovery

    information   Information
    This will show you how to load the SATA drivers in System Image Recovery when Windows 8 cannot find your backup hard drive due to lack of loaded drivers.




    Here's How:

    1) Copy your SATA driver to a disk. (Floppy, CD, USB)
    NOTE: Keep this disk in a safe place. For this example, I am using a Floppy disk.


    2) Click Cancel

    Click image for larger version

    3) Click Next

    Click image for larger version

    4) Click Advanced

    Click image for larger version

    5) Click Install a Driver

    Click image for larger version

    6) Click OK

    Click image for larger version

    7) Click Computer.

    Click image for larger version

    8) Choose your Sata Controller. Double Click on setup inf file.
    NOTE: For this example, I am using JMicron JMB36X SATA/RAID Controller card.

    Click image for larger version
    Click image for larger version

    9) Choose your Sata Controller. Click Add drivers.

    Click image for larger version
    Click image for larger version

    10) Click Next & Continue with Re-imaging at step 6 C of:
    System Image Recovery - Restore Image on Computer in Windows 8

    Click image for larger version



    All done.
    Ray


    Published by


    theog's Avatar
    VIP Member


    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Posts: 5,577



    Tutorial Tools


  2. #1



    Team Member


    Join Date : Apr 2011
    Posts : 5,217
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    Not sure everyone will know where to find their SATA drivers. ( or even what SATA drivers are, for that matter).

    I don't use windows system image - but perhaps if your windows installation sees the backup HD - might be easiest to point at your install partition driverstore.

    Applies to win7 too, I imagine.


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #2
    theog's Avatar

    VIP Member




    Join Date : Mar 2010
    Posts : 5,577
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
    UK uk england


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW1

    I don't use windows system image - but perhaps if your windows installation sees the backup HD - might be easiest to point at your install partition driverstore.
    Hi Si
    For this example, I am using JMicron JMB36X SATA/RAID Controller card.
    No drivers in the Windows 8 DVD.

    SATA Driver - Load in Windows 8 Setup

    Quote Originally Posted by SIW1
    Applies to win7 too, I imagine.
    Yes, it would applle.
    SATA Driver - Load in Windows 7 or Vista Setup - Windows 7 Forums
    SATA drivers - Load in Windows System Image Recovery - Windows 7 Forums

    Ray

    PS. You can also Sata Drivers in Norton Ghost & Paragon.

    Name:  Capture001.PNG
Views: 13078
Size:  54.1 KB
    Click image for larger version
    Last edited by theog; 29 Sep 2012 at 01:21 PM.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #3
    znod's Avatar

    Power User

    Join Date : Nov 2012
    Posts : 2,156
    Win7 Ult on DIY; Win8 Pro on MBP/Parallels; Win7 Ult on MBP/Boot Camp; Win7 Ult/Win8 Pro on HP
    USA us texas


    Would greatly appreciate help/insights.

    Having trouble seeing created system image backups on backup drive--using created system repair disk. Worked before I thought, but not now. Backup drive is older Seagate Freeagent firewire (IEEE 1394) drive. I am told "Windows cannot find a system image on this computer," etc. So, I would try to install a driver, but have not been able to find what's needed. Snips of what I know obtained via Device Manager are below. Still, what is happening does not make much sense to me because when I try to locate the needed driver, I can go directly to the Freeagent drive and see my created system image backups. Same problem occurs when I connect the drive via USB alternative.

    This is the best I can do (no snips being allowed):

    driver name: disk.inf
    Seagate FreeAgent Pro IEEE 1394 SBP2 Device
    Driver Date: 6/21/06
    Driver Version: 6.2.9200.16384
    Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows
    Device: SBP2\Seagate&Freeagent_Pro&LUN0&REV10\0020370100003d92



    Sorry having trouble with my snips right now. Don't understand that either. Will get them up ASAP.

    Help. Why can't I upload two small png files?

    This isn't my day.
    Last edited by znod; 07 Feb 2013 at 05:03 PM.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #4
    theog's Avatar

    VIP Member




    Join Date : Mar 2010
    Posts : 5,577
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
    UK uk england


    Quote Originally Posted by znod View Post
    Would greatly appreciate help/insights.

    Having trouble seeing created system image backups on backup drive--using created system repair disk. Worked before I thought, but not now. Backup drive is older Seagate Freeagent firewire (IEEE 1394) drive. I am told "Windows cannot find a system image on this computer," etc. So, I would try to install a driver, but have not been able to find what's needed. Snips of what I know obtained via Device Manager are below. Still, what is happening does not make much sense to me because when I try to locate the needed driver, I can go directly to the Freeagent drive and see my created system image backups. Same problem occurs when I connect the drive via USB alternative.

    This is the best I can do (no snips being allowed):

    driver name: disk.inf
    Seagate FreeAgent Pro IEEE 1394 SBP2 Device
    Driver Date: 6/21/06
    Driver Version: 6.2.9200.16384
    Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows
    Device: SBP2\Seagate&Freeagent_Pro&LUN0&REV10\0020370100003d92



    Sorry having trouble with my snips right now. Don't understand that either. Will get them up ASAP.

    Help. Why can't I upload two small png files?

    This isn't my day.
    If use a USB 3.0 port, try loading the drivers.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #5
    znod's Avatar

    Power User

    Join Date : Nov 2012
    Posts : 2,156
    Win7 Ult on DIY; Win8 Pro on MBP/Parallels; Win7 Ult on MBP/Boot Camp; Win7 Ult/Win8 Pro on HP
    USA us texas


    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by znod View Post
    Would greatly appreciate help/insights.

    Having trouble seeing created system image backups on backup drive--using created system repair disk. Worked before I thought, but not now. Backup drive is older Seagate Freeagent firewire (IEEE 1394) drive. I am told "Windows cannot find a system image on this computer," etc. So, I would try to install a driver, but have not been able to find what's needed. Snips of what I know obtained via Device Manager are below. Still, what is happening does not make much sense to me because when I try to locate the needed driver, I can go directly to the Freeagent drive and see my created system image backups. Same problem occurs when I connect the drive via USB alternative.

    This is the best I can do (no snips being allowed):

    driver name: disk.inf
    Seagate FreeAgent Pro IEEE 1394 SBP2 Device
    Driver Date: 6/21/06
    Driver Version: 6.2.9200.16384
    Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows
    Device: SBP2\Seagate&Freeagent_Pro&LUN0&REV10\0020370100003d92



    Sorry having trouble with my snips right now. Don't understand that either. Will get them up ASAP.

    Help. Why can't I upload two small png files?

    This isn't my day.
    If use a USB 3.0 port, try loading the drivers.
    Thanks much for the help. I think you probably saw this above: "Same problem occurs when I connect the drive via USB alternative." The old clunkers I am using are USB 2.0. In this regard, device manager does not "tell me" which driver(s) to load. USB 2.0 would be very slow, but I'd use it if I have to--and it would work. On the other hand, I might be able to reinstall faster. Don't know.

    Can't use esata. Computer doesn't have a port.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #6


    CVJ

    Junior Member

    Join Date : Aug 2013
    Posts : 3
    8


    Hy,

    I have tried to load the system image using the above method. Once I upload drivers it says I have to restart.

    I downloaded the drivers x64 bit from:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...+RST)&lang=eng

    I initially was running on windows 8 on my hp pavilion dv7. Kindly help
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #7
    theog's Avatar

    VIP Member




    Join Date : Mar 2010
    Posts : 5,577
    ME, XP,Vista,Win7,Win8,Win8.1
    UK uk england


    Quote Originally Posted by CVJ View Post
    Hy,

    I have tried to load the system image using the above method. Once I upload drivers it says I have to restart.

    I downloaded the drivers x64 bit from:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...+RST)&lang=eng

    I initially was running on windows 8 on my hp pavilion dv7. Kindly help
    How many HDD's did you have in Notebook?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #8



    Team Member


    Join Date : Apr 2011
    Posts : 5,217
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    You might need to install the drivers in winre.wim, before you boot it up.

    Quote Originally Posted by CVJ View Post
    Hy,

    I have tried to load the system image using the above method. Once I upload drivers it says I have to restart.

    I downloaded the drivers x64 bit from:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...+RST)&lang=eng

    I initially was running on windows 8 on my hp pavilion dv7. Kindly help
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #9


    CVJ

    Junior Member

    Join Date : Aug 2013
    Posts : 3
    8


    I had a main C drive of apprx 650gb and a small D Drive of approx 15GB. How do I install the drivers in winre.wim?
    Will this let me restore the image because currently the system image recovery does not detect the image at all.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
SATA Drivers - Load in Windows 8 System Image Recovery
Similar Threads
Tutorial Forum
System Image Recovery - Restore Image on Computer in Windows 8 Tutorials
Refresh Windows 8 - Create and Use Custom Recovery Image Tutorials
Refresh Windows 8 - Set a Custom Recovery Image as Active Tutorials
SATA Driver - Load in Windows 8 Setup Tutorials
Refresh Windows 8 - Deregister Current Custom Recovery Image Tutorials
Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23