Border Width of Windows - Change in Windows 8
Join Date: Jul 2009
How to Change Window Border Width in Windows 8 and 8.1
This tutorial will show you how to change the border width of windows to what you like in your user account in Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 8.1, and Windows RT 8.1.
EXAMPLE: Window Border Width Set Wider or Thinner
NOTE: This is with the setting of 0 (zero) and -1500 in the steps below.
1. Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog, type regedit, and click/tap OK.
2. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes.
3. In regedit, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
4. In the right pane of WindowMetrics, double click/tap on PaddedBorderWidth to be able to modify it. (see screenshot above)
5. Type in a data value of 0 (zero) or between -1 to -1500, and click/tap OK. (see screenshot below)
The default value is -60. A higher value (ex: -1500) will give you wider window borders, and lower value (ex: 0 or -1) will give you thinner window borders.
Each -17 is equal to 1 pixel in width.
6. Close regedit.
7. Sign out and sign in with your user account to apply.