Ok. Looks like we have no option left but to dive into the registry unless you just really want to reinstall Windows 8 again.
Originally Posted by bagavan
If you are not comfortable doing this, then please let me know. I would recommend that you create a restore point before proceeding just to be safe.
1. Open regedit.
2. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor.
3. Right click on shell, and click on Export. Save the .reg file to your desktop, then upload it here for me to take a look at.
4. Right click on shell, and click on Permissions.
5. Click on the Administrators group listed at the top, and look at the bottom permissions to see if it has Full Control checked under Allow like below. Post back with a screenshot of this.
6. Close the "Permissions for shell" dialog, and Registry Editor.