Scrollbar - Change Width Size in Windows 8
How to Change Scrollbar Width Size in Windows 8 and 8.1
This tutorial will show you how to change the size of the scrollbar width for your user account in Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 8.1, and Windows RT 8.1.
EXAMPLE: Scrollbar Size Set Wider
NOTE: This is with the setting of -1000 in the steps below.
1. Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog, type regedit, and click/tap OK.
2. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes.
3. In regedit, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
4. In the right pane of WindowMetrics, double click/tap on ScrollHeight to be able to modify it. (see screenshot above)
5. Type in a data value between -120 to -1500, and click/tap OK. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: The default value is -255. A higher value (ex: -1000) will give you a wider scrollbar, and lower value (ex: -100) will give you a thinner scrollbar.
6. In the right pane of WindowMetrics, double click/tap on ScrollWidth to be able to modify it. (see screenshot below step 3)
7. Type in the same data value you entered for "ScrollHeight" in step 5 above, and click/tap OK. (see screenshot below)
8. Close regedit.
9. Sign out and sign in with your user account to apply.
Join Date: Jul 2009