| | Scrollbar - Change Width Size in Windows 8
How to Change Scrollbar Width Size in Windows 8
This tutorial will show you how to change the size of the scrollbar width for your user account in Windows 8.
EXAMPLE: Scrollbar Size Set Wider
NOTE: This is with the setting of -1000 in the steps below.
1. Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog, type regedit, and click/tap OK.
2. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes.
3. In regedit, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
4. In the right pane of WindowMetrics, double click/tap on ScrollHeight to be able to modify it. (see screenshot above)
5. Type in a data value between -120 to -1500, and click/tap OK. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: The default value is -255. A higher value (ex: -1000) will give you a wider scrollbar, and lower value (ex: -100) will give you a thinner scrollbar.
6. In the right pane of WindowMetrics, double click/tap on ScrollWidth to be able to modify it. (see screenshot below step 3)
7. Type in the same data value you entered for "ScrollHeight" in step 5 above, and click/tap OK. (see screenshot below)
8. Close regedit.
9. Sign out and sign in with your user account to apply.
Join Date: Jul 2009