| | App Permissions - Change in Windows 8
How to Change Permissions of an App in Windows 8 and 8.1
This tutorial will show you how to turn available permissions of a Windows Store app on or off for your user account in Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 8.1, and Windows RT 8.1.
1. Open an app (ex: Messaging) that you want to change the permissions of. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: For example, open the app from the Start or Apps screen.
2. While the app is open, open the Charms bar, and click/tap on the Settings charm. (see screenshot below)
3. At the top of the right pane, click/tap on Permissions. (see screenshot below)
4. From here, you can move the sliders left or right to turn on or off the available permissions you want for the app. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: The permissions available for a Metro app will vary from app to app.
5. When finished, you could press the key to return to the Start screen if you like.
Join Date: Jul 2009