| | Task Manager - Open in Windows 8
How to Open Task Manager in Windows 8 and 8.1
Task Manager has been completely redone in Windows 8. You can use it to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services.
This will show you how to open Task Manager
in Windows 8
For more information and details about Task Manager, also see: The Windows 8 Task Manager - Building Windows 8 - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
1. Do step 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 below for how you would like to open Task Manager.
2. Press the CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys, and go to step 7 below.
3. While on the desktop, press and hold on the taskbar, click/tap on Task Manager, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)
4. While on the desktop, right click on the taskbar, click/tap on Task Manager, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)
5. Press the CTRL+ALT+DELETE keys, click on Task Manager, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)
6. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Performance Information and Tools icon.
A) In the left pane, click/tap on the Advanced Tools link. (see screenshot below)
B) Click on the Open Task Manager link, close the Advanced Tools window, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)
7. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes.
NOTE: If you open Task Manager while signed in an administrator account, then Task Manager will be opened elevated (run as administrator) by default.
8. Select to have Task Manager in Fewer details or More details view. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: Task Manager will open to the same Fewer details or More details view it was last closed as.
9. Here is what you will see in the new More details view of Windows 8 Task Manager. (see screenshots below)
Join Date: Jul 2009