How to Reset Browse For Folders type Dialog Boxes to Default Size in Windows
By default, the top border of "Browse For Folders" type dialog boxes open centered on your display screen.
If you manually drag the borders of a "Browse For Folders" type dialog box to resize it to how you like, then the next time you open one of these type of dialog boxes, it may be cut off at the bottom if you made the dialog to large since it opened centered at the same size it was last.
This tutorial will show you how to reset the size of the Browse For Folders, Copy Items (Copy To Folder), and Move Items (Move To Folder) dialog boxes to the default size and position in Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1.
The downloadable .reg file in this tutorial deletes the two DWORDs in the registry location below to reset the size of the dialogs back to default. The next time you open a "Browse For Folders" type dialog, the DWORDs below will automatically be restored in the registry with the default values.
Browse For Folder Width
Browse For Folder Height
EXAMPLE: Cut-off and Default "Browse For Folders", "Copy Items", and "Move Items" dialogs
1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below
2. Save the .reg file to your desktop.
3. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.
4. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC-Windows 7/8) or Continue (UAC-Vista), Yes, and OK to approve merging the .reg file.
5. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.