This tutorial will show you how to only turn on or off Wi-Fi connectivity for the PC in Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 8.1, and Windows RT 8.1.
This has no affect on cellular mobile broadband or Bluetooth wireless devices like Airplane mode would.
If you turn on Wi-Fi, then Airplane mode will also be automatically turned off.
To Turn On or Off Wi-Fi with Key or Switch on PC
1. Some PCs or devices will have a key on the keyboard or physical switch to turn on or off Wi-Fi.
To Turn On or Off Wi-Fi in Networks Charm
NOTE:This option is only available in Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1.
1. Do either step 2 or 3 below for you would like to open Networks.
2. While on your desktop, click/tap on the wireless network icon in the taskbar notification area at the far right, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)
3. Open the Charms bar, click/tap on the Settings charm, click/tap on your wireless network icon, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below) NOTE:You could also press the + I keys to directly open the Settings charm.
4. Move the Wi-Fi slider to turn on (right) or off (left) for what you want. (see screenshot below)
To Turn On or Off Wi-Fi in PC Settings
1. Open PC settings, and do step 2 or 3 below for what Windows you have.
2. If you have Windows 8 or Windows RT, then click/tap on Wireless in the left pane, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)
3. If you have Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1, then click/tap on Network in the left pane. (see screenshot below)
A) Click/tap on Airplane mode in the left pane, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)
4. In the right pane under Wireless devices, move the Wi-Fi slider to turn on (right) or off (left) for what you want. (see screenshots above)
5. When finished, you can close PC settings if you like.
a ? about let windows turn off usb hubs? My computer keyboard manufacture recommends to turn the feature off in device manager let windows power off usb devices is this wise? i have never touched that setting nor have had a issue with it, they also recommend going into the bios and doing this stuff is it wise to mess with this stuff i...
Performance & Maintenance
AutoPlay - Turn On or Off in Windows 8 How to Turn AutoPlay On or Off in Windows 8 and 8.1
AutoPlay lets you choose an action for different kinds of media when you plug in a device, insert media, or receive content from another person using Tap and Send. You can set AutoPlay to open different kinds of content, such as photos,...
Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 NFC - Turn On or Off How to Turn On or Off NFC in Windows Phone 8 and 8.1
NFC (near field communication) is a technology that allows two devices to "talk" to each other wirelessly at close range.
This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off near NFC tap + send, Tap to share, and Tap to pay in Windows...
Cannot turn on Windows Defender Hi guys!
I'm new to the forums (first post) so please be kind, haha!
I have recently built a PC myself and had no issues whatsoever, until the other day when an Action Centre notification popped up. For some reason, Spyware and Virus protection have both turned off automatically and when I am...
Laptop suddenly turn off when main power turn off. Hi to all Eight forum.
I m here with a strange problem, it happens from yesterday, the problem is when I playing games on my Dell inspiron N4050 and then the main power where the charger pluged in is turn off (it is the most problem in my country that there is heavy short fall of power), the...