How to See if Process is running as administrator (elevated) in Windows 8 and 8.1
This tutorial will show you how to determine if a program or process is running as administrator (elevated) or not in Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 8.1, and Windows RT 8.1.
1. Open the Task Manager in more details view.
2. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes.
3. Click/tap on the Details tab, right click or press and hold on a column header, and click/tap on Select columns. (see screenshot below)
4. Check the Elevated box, and click/tap on OK to add that column to Task Manager. (see screenshot below)
5. You can now look in the Elevated column to see if a process in the Name column is running elevated or not. (see screenshot below)
If you like, you can also click/tap and hold on the Elevated column name header to be able to drag and drop the column where you like between the other columns.
Yes = running as administrator (elevated)
No = not running as administrator (elevated)