is now called OneDrive
OneDrive is Now Available Worldwide: Free Cloud Storage for Microsoft, iOS, and Android Devices | OneDrive Blog
When you sign in to Windows 8.1 with a Microsoft account
, the PC settings and app data you choose to sync are also saved on OneDrive. These synced settings are synced to any Windows 8.1 PC that you sign in to with the same Microsoft account.
When you turn on sync settings
on your PC, you will also be able to turn on or off the individual settings to sync between your PCs.
- Start screen - Start screen tiles and tile layout
- Appearance - Colors, background, lock screen, and account picture
- Desktop personalization - Themes, taskbar, high contrast, and more
- Installed Apps - Apps installed on your PCs
- App settings - Your settings and purchases with apps. (This setting can only be synced and not backed up.)
- Web Browser - Your favorites, open tabs, home pages, history, and settings
- Passwords - Your sign-in info for some apps, websites, networks, and HomeGroup
- Language preferences - Keyboards, input methods, display language, personal dictionary, and more
- Ease of Access - Settings for Narrator, Magnifier, and more
- Other Windows settings - File Explorer mouse, printers, and more
- Back up settings - Allows you to set whether you want Windows 8.1 to back up your settings even if you don't choose to sync them between PCs and devices.
This tutorial will show you how to remove your synced Windows 8.1 system and app settings from the cloud (OneDrive) for your Microsoft account.