How to Restart "Windows Explorer" in Windows 8 and 8.1
This will show you how to use the new option in Windows 8 to quickly restart "Windows Explorer" (File Explorer) automatically in Task Manager.
1. Open Task Manager by pressing the CTRL+Shift+ESC keys.
NOTE: This can be done while in any screen in Windows 8.
2. Click on More details if Task Manager opens this way. (see screenshot bleow)
3. In the Processes tab, select Windows Explorer, and click on the Restart button. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: For the Windows Explorer process (explorer.exe), the usual End Task button is replaced with the Restart button instead.
4. Windows Explorer will now end task and restart automatically.
5. When finished, close Task Manager.