People App Contacts - Delete in Windows 8
How to Delete Contacts from People App in Windows 8 and 8.1
The People app is included by default in Windows 8. It is your address book and your social app all in one. You can add your contacts, see updates on social networks (like Facebook and Twitter), and keep in touch with friends and family on Skype—all from a single app.
This tutorial will show you how to delete a contact from your People app in Windows 8 and 8.1.
You can only delete your Hotmail
contacts from the People app. If you've connected other accounts
like Google, Facebook, or Skype, then you'll need to go to that app or website to delete those contacts.
1. On the Start screen, click/tap on the People app to open it.
2. On the home page of People, click/tap on All contacts, and click/tap on a contact you want to delete to open it. (see screenshot below)
3. Either right click on an empty area, or swipe up from the bottom edge. (see screenshot below)
4. Click/tap on Delete. (see screenshot above)
NOTE: If you do not have a Delete option, then see the blue Note box at the top of the tutorial.
5. Check which accounts you want to delete the contact from (if available), and click/tap on Delete to confirm. (see screenshot below)
6. The contact has now been deleted from the People app.
Join Date: Jul 2009