Hey there, Here is a list of Very good programs which i consider to be very useful in the protection of Computers.
AdwCleaner: (Cleans Adware From the Computer)
Save to the desktop.
Close all open programs.
To run the program, right-click AdwCleaner.exe and select: Run as Administrator
Click on Search and confirm the prompt.
After the program finishes, a text file report opens.
Run AdwCleaner once again.
This time click on: Delete
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware : http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free (Cleans any Malware that may be on your system)
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
Junkware Removal Tool (Rids your computer of potentially unwanted programs)
- Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
- Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
- On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) ( A useful program that gives a detailed report on the files, registries and services that are responsible for network connectivity.)
- Make sure the following options are checked:
- Internet Services
- Windows Firewall
- System Restore
- Security Center/Action Center
- Windows Update
- Windows Defender
- Other Services
- Press "Scan".
- It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please download RogueKiller and save it to your desktop.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
- RogueKiller 32-bit | RogueKiller 64-bit
- Quit all running programs.
- For Windows XP, double-click to start.
- For Vista,Windows 7/8, Right-click on the program and select Run as Administrator to start and when prompted allow it to run.
- Read and accept the EULA (End User Licene Agreement)
- Click Scan to scan the system.
- Click Delete to delete items found.
Temporary File Cleaner (TFC)
Save to your Desktop.
- Save any work in progress!! TFC closes open applications and removes unsaved work!! Close all windows.
- Right-click TFC.exe and select: Run as Administrator
- If prompted, click "Yes" to reboot.
RKill is a program that was developed at BleepingComputer.com that attempts to terminate known malware processes
so that your normal security software can then run and clean your computer of infections.
Please download Rkill by Grinler from one of the links below and save it to your desktop.
- On Windows XP double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
- On Windows Vista/Windows 7 or 8, right-click on the Rkill desktop icon and select Run As Administrator
- A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
- If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
- If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
- If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
- Do not reboot the computer, you will need to run the application again.
download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from here
- Unzip the contents to a folder in a convenient location.
- Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exe
- Follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.
- Click on the Cleanup button to remove any threats and reboot if prompted to do so.
- Wait while the system shuts down and the cleanup process is performed.
- Perform another scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to verify that no threats remain. If they do, then click Cleanup once more and repeat the process.
- When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder... mbar-log.txt and system-log.txt
Please go here to run the online antivirus scannner from ESET.
- Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
- Click Start
- When asked, allow the activex control to install
- Click Start
- Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked
- Click on Advanced Settings and ensure these options are ticked:
- Scan for potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
- Click Scan
- Wait for the scan to finish
- If any threats were found, click the 'List of found threats' , then click Export to text file....
- Save it to your desktop, then please copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
- Delete files once a member has viewed the logs.
I Thank all the Guru's from this site and fellow sister sites as well as bleeping computer for instructions