Latest Version of Avast Antivirus Released
WHQL Version: 9.0.2016 (free version)
Release Date: March 19th 2014
NoteAvailable through program update option.
If you already have Avast installed, then you can click on Maintenance, Update, and Update Program to update to the new version. You will need to restart the computer afterwards.
Avast 2014 R3 (9.0.2016) Program Update Download Page
(select the "Free" option)
Avast 2014 R3 (9.0.2016) Free Antivirus Download Page
(Click on Download, and the No thanks, I want free protection option)
- Stream Filtering - fixed stability and compatibility issues, it's running smooth and fast now, so no more browsing problems
- ARA/ARC - implemented internal architecture improvements, if you can, please test these components, thanks a lot
- [COLOR=!important]Firewall[/COLOR] - the [COLOR=!important]firewall[/COLOR] should be more stable and with better compatibility with other network applications
- Improved! Software Updater - new installation wizard lets you download and install multiple updates at once directly from download.com
- Improved! Browser Cleanup - improved detection and removal of browser protectors, those tools that try to block us from getting rid of annoying toolbars
- Improved! GrimeFighter - now supporting 12 additional languages and with an advanced console for more control of optimization tasks. Go ahead and fight the Grime!
WarningAvast Free Antivirus is a free antivirus program, but you will need to register it each year to get a free license key for it.
- avast! Free Antivirus works for 30 days after installation in trial mode
- After 30 days you need to register to get your free license key and stay protected
- Your free license key is sent within 24 hours by e-mail after registration
- If the license does not come in 24 hours please check your junk or SPAM folder
- You need to enter the license key in the program to continue to use it after the 30-day trial period