Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

Show us your WEI

  1. #441


    Posts : 3
    Win 8


    Here ya go!! 500G SSD Cdrive with Nvidia 680 card makes all the differance.

    Click image for larger version

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #442


    Posts : 5
    Windows 8 x64


    @Ron AKA, We have almost the same Specs

    My Specs,
    OS: Windows 8 x64
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 Vishera
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO
    Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    [Video Card: Sapphire 2x 7950 3GB
    Hard Drives: Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB / WD Black 1TB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #443


    Quote Originally Posted by NuBiXx View Post
    @Ron AKA, We have almost the same Specs

    My Specs,
    OS: Windows 8 x64
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 Vishera
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO
    Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    [Video Card: Sapphire 2x 7950 3GB
    Hard Drives: Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB / WD Black 1TB
    Yes, very close. I see you have a higher HP graphics card, and a result a higher score there. I use two 1TB Seagate HDD's, which are configured as one 2 TB drive using Windows 8 Storage Spaces. It works great and doubles the read write speed of the HDD. The WEI does not rate the secondary HDD though when you use the SSD as the primary.

    I suspect by your 7.9 score that you have not bumped up your processor speed with the Asus TurboV EVO tool. All you have to do is click on Fast and you should get about 4.32 GHz or so from the processor. It should boost your processor and likely memory speed to a 8.1 WEI score, and in your case an 8.1 overall.

    I do not game, and actually overbought the graphics card (HD-7770). I got it for image processing and two software packages (Photoshop Elements, Lightroom) barely load the graphics processor at all. Another one Musemage which uses OpenGL to some degree puts a bit of load on it, but no more than about 20%. I know now I could have gotten away with a HD-6000 series card.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. #444


    Posts : 5
    Windows 8 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by Ron AKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NuBiXx View Post
    @Ron AKA, We have almost the same Specs

    My Specs,
    OS: Windows 8 x64
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 Vishera
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO
    Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    [Video Card: Sapphire 2x 7950 3GB
    Hard Drives: Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB / WD Black 1TB
    Yes, very close. I see you have a higher HP graphics card, and a result a higher score there. I use two 1TB Seagate HDD's, which are configured as one 2 TB drive using Windows 8 Storage Spaces. It works great and doubles the read write speed of the HDD. The WEI does not rate the secondary HDD though when you use the SSD as the primary.

    I suspect by your 7.9 score that you have not bumped up your processor speed with the Asus TurboV EVO tool. All you have to do is click on Fast and you should get about 4.32 GHz or so from the processor. It should boost your processor and likely memory speed to a 8.1 WEI score, and in your case an 8.1 overall.

    I do not game, and actually overbought the graphics card (HD-7770). I got it for image processing and two software packages (Photoshop Elements, Lightroom) barely load the graphics processor at all. Another one Musemage which uses OpenGL to some degree puts a bit of load on it, but no more than about 20%. I know now I could have gotten away with a HD-6000 series card.
    Thanks for the info about Asus TurboV EVO tool, I was able to overclock my cpu to 4415 MHz.
    CPU-Z Validator 4.0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Test.PNG  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #445


    Wynnum Australia
    Posts : 466
    Windows-10-Pro-Build-11099.rs1-x64


    New WEI with different RAM and RAM-Timings:

    SystemScore 8.1
    MemoryScore 8.5
    CpuScore 8.5
    CPUSubAggScore 8.4
    VideoEncodeScore 8.6
    GraphicsScore 8.3
    Dx9SubScore 8.3
    Dx10SubScore 0
    GamingScore 8.3
    DiskScore 8.1
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #446


    Quote Originally Posted by NuBiXx View Post
    Thanks for the info about Asus TurboV EVO tool, I was able to overclock my cpu to 4415 MHz.
    CPU-Z Validator 4.0
    Good to see it worked out. The really good part of doing it with the EVO tool is that it maintains the stepped voltages and stepped speed. This keeps the CPU cool when there isn't much of a work load. I tried a manual overclock with increased voltages and really got no better performance and it ran hot all the time. Most of the time now my CPU runs around 34 deg C.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #447


    Posts : 3
    Win 8


    Ok Ron I am impressed I have never owned AMD ... But I may rethink my options ...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #448


    Quote Originally Posted by TONSCHUH View Post
    New WEI with different RAM and RAM-Timings:

    SystemScore 8.1
    MemoryScore 8.5
    CpuScore 8.5
    CPUSubAggScore 8.4
    VideoEncodeScore 8.6
    GraphicsScore 8.3
    Dx9SubScore 8.3
    Dx10SubScore 0
    GamingScore 8.3
    DiskScore 8.1
    How do you get those additional breakdowns of performance scores?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #449


    Posts : 21,824
    64-bit Windows 10
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #450


    Posts : 30
    Windows 8.1


    I got a 5.9 by disk transfer rate , shitt

    need to buy a SSD soon.....
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Show us your WEI

Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Show Us Your Rig!
<As name stated above> Thought id get this one underway :P http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt279/Enzoisamazing/Computer%20Pics/25062009.jpg
Drivers & Hardware
Why so many new members do not show their rig
Strange thing and not my concern.... but recenly many questions for help are asked while computer info is NEVER shown. Jeff
General Support
second HD does not show in win explorer
Hi, 1. I backed up my Seagate win8 "C" partition, using Paragon, in the spare Maxtor HD & it used 61.9GB, the rest 50gb are free space. As Win8 was installed in "C" I presumed that The Maxtor if installed alone in the PC it would boot up but, it does not. Should't it? 2. The other thing is...
Drivers & Hardware
video won't show
I appreciate your help. When I go to NEWS then I click on the picture with VIDEO, all I can see is a dark screen with an arrow on left top screen indicating going back. Could you please tell me what's wrong with my computer or OS. Why it doesn't show the video. Thanks.
General Support
no show image
When I click the photo image is not displayed While the small mode is displayed. 26637 26638 why?
General Support
External do not show up
Hi, I have this problem were external hard drive do not show up on my PC. First my I put my friends in and it did not work, then I went out and brought one myself (different brand) and it does not show up. Windows automatically installed the drivers it said it even know what time of external...
Drivers & Hardware
show us your BBC apps
if you are lucky enough to find them show us your favs... heres mine 22297
Chillout Room

Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook