||Specifies the remote computer that you want to connect to.
||Is used for administration of a Remote Desktop Session Host server. In this version of Remote Desktop Connection, if the Remote Desktop Session Host role service is installed on the remote computer, running mstsc /admin will do the following (for the current connection only):
- Disable Remote Desktop Services client access licensing
- Disable time zone redirection
- Disable RD Connection Broker redirection
- Disable Remote Desktop Easy Print
/admin also does the following on connections to Windows Server 2008 R2 with the RD Session Host role service installed:
- Disables Plug and Play device redirection for this connection only.
- Changes the remote session theme to Windows Classic View (if it's available) for this connection only.
To connect to a remote computer with the RD Session Host role service installed, follow these steps:
- Open the Command Prompt window by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Command Prompt, and then, in the list of results, click Command Prompt.
- Type mstsc /v:server /admin.
||Starts Remote Desktop Connection in full-screen mode.
||Specifies the width of the Remote Desktop Connection window.
||Specifies the height of the Remote Desktop window.
||Runs Remote Desktop Connection in public mode.
||Matches the remote desktop width and height with the local virtual desktop, spanning across multiple monitors if necessary. To span across monitors, the monitors must be arranged to form a rectangle.
||Configures the Remote Desktop session monitor layout to be identical to the current client-side configuration.
|/edit "connection file"
||Opens the specified .rdp connection file for editing.
||Migrates older connection files that were created with Client Connection Manager to new .rdp connection files.
||Lists these parameters.