So I unisntalled from my laptop (remote) and installed onto my main PC then reinstalled onto my laptop so as I can advise you as best I can.
LINK: Download page: Here Download "TeamViewer full version - Windows" Filename is "TeamViewer_Setup_en.exe"
- Select basic installation
- Select Personal/Non Commercial Use, install is quick.
- After install, a box/the program will open
- In the "Allow Remote Control" boxes, copy the codes:
Your ID: xxx xxx xxx
(may not be needed after setting up "Personal Password in next step)
- Below these codes, click in the box that says "Personal Password"
(This is done as a part of the "Permanent Connection" you are wanting to have so as to not have to supply new id's passwords all the time)
- A new box will open "setup unattended access"
- Under your computer name set a password
- Create a free team viewer account.
(I already have one but setup is painless, involves supplying an email, use a non important gmail or similar if you wish as they will send you stuff after the initial setup info/confirmation, make sure you have access as I am pretty sure what they send for setup is vital for the setup)
Install the software on remote system. There is a smaller app for connecting remotely but personally, I just as sooner install the main package on both. keep records of the ID etc from the remote system and visa versa.
There is a "computers and contacts" box that opens with the main screen, if you click "add remote computer" here you can add a computer and its ID for a permanent connection.
There is a little tweaking and setup to do for the tasks to be complete, unfortunately as I already have an account I didn't have to go through this process. But I remember its painless.
See how you go?
There is also a free "Team Viewer" for your mobile devices to access your setups above.