I may not be expressing this correctly, but hopefully someone can follow me !
What is working;
- I have a five pc's (PC01 to PC05) on my main Router1 with static IP's for each pc. No issues there. PCO1 is Windows 8, rest are Win7.
- As well I have a sixth pc (PC06) , on a secondary Router2, that is set up for Unblock US. PC06 is Windows 8.
- I have full remote access to and from any pc (including PC06). I use TeamViewer - point is I clearly I have access from one router to the other
- From any machine on Router 1, can ping any other Router 1 machine
- From PC06, I 'can" ping any machine on Router 1.
What is limiting
- from within File Manager, say on PC01, I can see all my other pc's (the ones off Router1), but I cannot access PC06 (the one off Router2). I realize this is "working-as-designed"
- From any machine on Router1, I cannot ping this machine.
QUESTION - Is there a simple change I can make to have PC06 available to me from within file manager, just like the the rest of my machines??? That is, can I have the ability to see PC06 when using File Manager running on PC01.
Router overview of IP addresses:
Local IP Address192.168.0.1
SubMask : 255.255.255.0
Starting IPaddress of 192.168.0.150
WIRELESS ACCESS POINTS
192.168.0.21 (forWireless Access point 1)
192.168.0.22(for Wireless Access point 2)
192.168.0.23(for Wireless Access point 2)
Local IP Address192.168.1.1
Starting IPaddress of 192.168.1.230
192.168.0.231(for PC06 ) <<<<<
192.168.0.233(for Blu Ray)
192.168.0.243for Ipad, etc, etc