Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Error code 0x80070035 "The Network path was not found"

  1. #1



    Member

    Join Date : Jan 2013
    Posts : 66
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

    Error code 0x80070035 "The Network path was not found"


    I have to PC's that belong to the same homegroup. When I go to explorer, there is a delay before the other PC shows up and yet another delay when I select to browse that PC. If I close and go back I'll often get this error code and then there are time when I get the code on the first try. These PCs are running Windows 8.1 Pro and powered on 100% of the time. I noticed this nonsense while on Windows 7 as well.


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2



    Closed

    Join Date : Jan 2010
    Beach house paradise
    Posts : 2,249
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMC
    USA us california


    I see the same types of problem with 8.1, some lag when I open the Library on Homegroup machines.

    That error message is what you get when access fails but there are a million other reasons why it's failing.

    These types of problems aren't easy to track down and you really need to start with the basics and work your way up.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3



    Member

    Join Date : Jan 2013
    Posts : 66
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit


    Some more info:

    My main PC is connected via Cat5 to UVerse Router and HTPC is connected via Wireless. Both run 8.1 and use Kaspersky AV. I've left/created an entirely new Homegroup and continue to have the same problem. The workgroup is also set to be the same on both PCs.

    Its like the PC is not keeping the connection alive and must search reconnect everytime you enter explorer.

    Update: I went into Control Panel -> Credential Manager -> Windows Credentials and replaced the Homegroup credentials with the username/password for that PC. As of now, its working and the connection is persistent. I don't think this is the "right" way to fix this problem as the Homegroup should just work, but its working nonetheless.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4



    Closed

    Join Date : Jan 2010
    Beach house paradise
    Posts : 2,249
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMC
    USA us california


    Quote Originally Posted by vram View Post
    Some more info:

    My main PC is connected via Cat5 to UVerse Router and HTPC is connected via Wireless. Both run 8.1 and use Kaspersky AV. I've left/created an entirely new Homegroup and continue to have the same problem. The workgroup is also set to be the same on both PCs.

    Its like the PC is not keeping the connection alive and must search reconnect everytime you enter explorer.

    Update: I went into Control Panel -> Credential Manager -> Windows Credentials and replaced the Homegroup credentials with the username/password for that PC. As of now, its working and the connection is persistent. I don't think this is the "right" way to fix this problem as the Homegroup should just work, but its working nonetheless.
    So you removed or edited? the Homegroup credentials and just added the sign in password and User name. I've never had this problem with Homegroups before very strange. Does access to the Library's still work?

    I'm thinking that somehow Kapersky is causing this problem to occur. I haven't seen any problems quite like the ones you are describing.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5



    Member

    Join Date : Jan 2013
    Posts : 66
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit


    Yes, I've often ran into little problems that seemed to have no explanation until Kaspersky gets removed. I do hate their software sometimes, but you really can't beat it in terms of protection. For the record though, I am running the Antivirus only variant and not the Security Suite (Firewall, etc).

    As for the Homegroup creds, once I added the local user account info for the HTPC, the Homegroup creds vanished. I have full access to the main account on that PC as well as Public resources.

    I got the idea from here:

    Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6



    Closed

    Join Date : Jan 2010
    Beach house paradise
    Posts : 2,249
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMC
    USA us california


    Quote Originally Posted by vram View Post
    Yes, I've often ran into little problems that seemed to have no explanation until Kaspersky gets removed. I do hate their software sometimes, but you really can't beat it in terms of protection. For the record though, I am running the Antivirus only variant and not the Security Suite (Firewall, etc).

    As for the Homegroup creds, once I added the local user account info for the HTPC, the Homegroup creds vanished. I have full access to the main account on that PC as well as Public resources.

    I got the idea from here:

    Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found
    Yes that entire thread was really about working around the problems that Kaspersky created. I'm pretty sure there is a way to configure Kaspersky for Homegroups to work as designed.

    Most likely just creating the Homegroup before installing Kaspersky would fix most of these problems as the proper rules to allow for Homegroup access would be created right from the start
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7



    Member

    Join Date : Jan 2013
    Posts : 66
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit


    Quote Originally Posted by chev65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vram View Post
    Yes, I've often ran into little problems that seemed to have no explanation until Kaspersky gets removed. I do hate their software sometimes, but you really can't beat it in terms of protection. For the record though, I am running the Antivirus only variant and not the Security Suite (Firewall, etc).

    As for the Homegroup creds, once I added the local user account info for the HTPC, the Homegroup creds vanished. I have full access to the main account on that PC as well as Public resources.

    I got the idea from here:

    Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found
    Yes that entire thread was really about working around the problems that Kaspersky created. I'm pretty sure there is a way to configure Kaspersky for Homegroups to work as designed.

    Most likely just creating the Homegroup before installing Kaspersky would fix most of these problems as the proper rules to allow for Homegroup access would be created right from the start
    But plain 'ol Kaspersky Antivirus shouldn't be interfering with networking. If I was using their internet security suite, which includes their firewall, I could maybe understand.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8



    Closed

    Join Date : Jan 2010
    Beach house paradise
    Posts : 2,249
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMC
    USA us california


    Even without the firewall it can still cause problems, trust me on this as I've seen it many times. The problem may not even show up with the 2013 versions of Kaspersky but that thread was talking about 2010 versions.

    Windows has no such problems with Homegroup credentials but it's great that you found a work around for the problem and I will remember to use that work around in the future.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Error code 0x80070035 "The Network path was not found"
Similar Threads
Thread Forum
network printer issue error code Network & Sharing
Error 0x80070035 Network path not found Network & Sharing
Solved Error 0x80070035 - The network path was not found. Network & Sharing
0x80070035 error - Windows cannot access //ASROCK-PC Network & Sharing
error code 0x80070035 cannot access desktop Network & Sharing

Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23