You need to select to boot from the UEFI type (marked UEFI in the boot menu) if you want to install Windows 8 in UEFI boot mode (see screenshot below).
- You do not need to change the boot order of drives in your computer's UEFI firmware (BIOS).
- Connect your Windows 8 64-bit USB flash drive (Note:
FAT32 file system) or insert your Windows 8 64-bit DVD.
- Restart the computer.
- Press F8 to enter the boot menu.
- Select to boot from the "UEFI
: USB/DVD device name".
If you can see "UEFI
: USB/DVD device name" option in the boot menu, then you don't need to change anything in the UEFI firmware (BIOS).
After the installation is completed, you can check if Secure Boot option is enabled in the UEFI firmware (BIOS).
- Run the following command as administrator from the command prompt:
The result should be True
Here is more info: Installing using UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy BIOS Boot Mode.