Ok - need some help.

I recently upgraded my home built Windows 7 PC to Windows 8.1. When I did so, I lost my RAID 1 Array that was previously working. The RAID 1 was not my system drive but my data. My system drive is a Samsung 240GB SSD.

The Array (2 x 2 TB Seagate Barracude 7200) show up in the Seagate utility as a drive. However, the drive is not visible. In Diskmgmt.msc, the drive shows up without a letter, and my only option there is to "delete" not to assign a letter. In Diskmgmt, the two drives are listed below, but the option to "reactivate" them does nothing.

I do not want to reformat the drives, but would like to be able to properly mount them.

I installed Windows 8.1 from the web, without a disk. Therefore, I did not install any RAID/SATA drivers during the install. Thought I would do so afterwards, but it does not seem to be working.

The Motherboard is a: ASUS Rampage IV Gene LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Though I did help build this, I was not primary "builder" so I do not know if my original RAID was done within the ASUS MB or Windows 7. The other builder is unavailable for consult.