Before, my PC was setup like this:
- disk0: windows xp
- disk1: windows 7
Bios boot priority set to disk1.
So no boot loaders, when I (rarely) need xp, I would switch via bios
Now I wanted to try Win8, so I've
- download 'Win8.1 Enterprise Evaluation' and burnt on a dvd
- bought and connected a new disk (disk2)
- boot from dvd, installed choosing the new disk2
Now, everything works fine, win8 got installed on disk2.
But the strange thing is this:
- if, from bios, I choose disk2, it says the disk is not bootable
- choosing disk1, a boot loader shows up, letting me choose between win7 and win8.1
(- choosing disk0, nothing has changed, xp starts like before)
So, I'm confused. I was expecting win8 booting from the new disk2.
- why disk2 doesn't boot?
- would have been better physically disconnecting disk0 and disk1 before installing?