If you select UEFI Boot Mode
(marked UEFI in the boot menu)
- If your hard drive is blank, the Windows setup program creates the following partitions on your hard drive (see screenshot below).
- GPT (GUID Partition Table)
- Recovery (Windows RE Tools) - Windows recovery environment tools.
- System (EFI system) - boot loader program, drivers used by firmware at boot time, etc.
- MSR (Microsoft Reserved)
- Primary - where Windows is to be installed to.
Note: The MSR (Reserved) partition is not visible within Disk Management utility, but it is listed with command line utility (diskpart).