Whoa! You saying you got this AFTER upgrading?
It seems so. There have been reports on some oem machines reset doesn't work at all after update to GA.
Can't believe MS is doing this to people who buy into their commercials and take the plunge buying a machine with the OS pre-installed.
Maybe class-action in the future? I know just the lawyers win but maybe would get their attention.
This is just one of the reasons why I prefer a clean install over upgrading.
So it seems a Refresh of 8.0 will work in Windows 8.1 and refresh the computer back to 8.0.
So what about the other way round?
What would happen if you made a Custom Refresh image of 8.1, and then applied it on top of a clean install to 8.0 if you needed to reinstall?
Unknown, never used Custom Refresh Image.
Paragon 12 Pro
SSR Desktop Edition Pro
one always works.
Ah I probably haven't explained myself well enough.
Here's the scenario I have in mind
- Upgrade to Windows 8.1 in as clean a way as possible
- Make Custom Refresh image and save a copy to backup drive
- Time passes...
- Some months/weeks/years later... something bad happens to your OS Setup
- Reinstall Windows 8.0 Clean (assuming you have an ISO or a working Reset image)
- Set the Custom Refresh image you created earlier to be the "current" image and refresh to it on top of the clean install you did in step 5 , taking you to 8.1... but this is the bit that I'm wondering about?