Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver Released
Feature Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 14.7 RC Driver for Windows
- Includes all improvements found in the AMD Catalyst™ 14.6 RC driver
- AMD CrossFire™ and AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics profile update for Plants vs. Zombies
- Collaboration with AOC has identified non-standard display timings as the root cause of 60Hz SST flickering exhibited by the AOC U2868PQU panel on certain AMD Radeon™ graphics cards. A software workaround has been implemented in AMD Catalyst 14.7 RC driver to resolve the display timing issues with this display.
- Users are further encouraged to obtain newer display firmware from AOC that will resolve flickering at its origin.
- Users are additionally advised to utilize DisplayPort-certified cables to ensure the integrity of the DisplayPort data connection.
Release Date: April 25th 2014
Version: 14.4 (14.10.1006)
AMD CCC WHQL Video Driver Download Link
Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 14.4 Windows Driver
- Support for the AMD Radeon R9 295X
- CrossFire fixes enhancements:
- Crysis 3 – frame pacing improvements
- Far Cry 3 – 3 and 4 GPU performance improvements at high quality settings, high resolution settings
- Anno 2070 – Improved CrossFire scaling up to 34%
- Titanfall – Resolved in game flickering with CrossFire enabled
- Metro Last Light – Improved Crossfire scaling up to 10%
- Eyefinity 3x1 (with three 4K panels) no longer cuts off portions of the application
- Stuttering has been improved in certain applications when selecting mid-Eyefinity resolutions with V-sync Enabled
- Full support for OpenGL 4.4
- OpenGL 4.4 supports the following extensions:
- Mantle beta driver improvements:
- BattleField 4: Performance slowdown is no longer seen when performing a task switch/Alt-tab
- BattleField 4: Fuzzy images when playing in rotated SLS resolution with an A10 Kaveri system
- System will TDR or BSOD when encoding with Power Director 11
- Driver installation might result in a black screen when installing on a Dual AMD Radeon R9 295X configuration under Windows 8.1. The issue can be overcome by rebooting the PC; upon reboot the display driver will be installed. The remaining Catalyst components can then be installed.