Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1
    XDleader555's Avatar

    Power User

    Join Date : Sep 2011
    I'm not sure...
    Posts : 253
    Windows 8 Pro x64

    Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000


    THIS IS NOT FOR THE 1ST GENERATION HD GRAPHICS.
    Try here instead for first generation.

    Instructions
    To create your own driver follow my instruction on this page, or download a pre-compiled one below.
    Once you obtain a driver simply run setup.exe and it will install like normal.

    Install This First: The Custom Certificate Installer
    To install the signed drivers run the custom certificate installer I made which is based off of barcher's Post.

    I've recently updated my certificate installer to v3.0. This include 2 certificates which allows the updated Mobile series 4 and has some handy options for your pleasures. A WaterMark Removal option has been added for Windows 8 Pro.
    ~WATERMARK REMOVAL IS BETA. Use at your own risk~

    -Custom Certificate Installer- Chrome users may experience a malicious warning. It is false. Virus Total
    MainMirror
    MediaFireMirror

    Drivers
    -Intel has already made windows 8 drivers for 2000/3000. They can be found Here.
    -My drivers contain more Hardware ID's. You can find the list of ID's Here.
    Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000

    -Version 9.17.10.2792- SIGNED GoogleDrive old version
    64bit Intel HD Second Gen x64_2792.exe
    32bit Intel HD Second Gen x86_2792.exe
    IMPORTANT
    After the setup go to Windows Update and change the settings to:
    "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them"
    Reboot with the modified driver installed and check for updates. If there is, right click the Intel update and select "Hide Update"
    This is to make sure windows doesn't replace your graphics driver.

    Notes: Bugs/Glitches/Downsides For Modified Drivers
    - On some computers, metro apps wont work (Netflix for example; Working on a fix)
    - Test Mode watermark (Can be removed)
    Last edited by XDleader555; 11 Mar 2013 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Certificate Installer Update
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2
    XDleader555's Avatar

    Power User

    Join Date : Sep 2011
    I'm not sure...
    Posts : 253
    Windows 8 Pro x64


    Saved spot for more stuff.
    Last edited by XDleader555; 03 Sep 2012 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Intel Update
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3
    Billman87's Avatar

    Member

    Join Date : Jul 2011
    Mackay
    Posts : 18
    Windows 8 Developer Preview
    Australia au queensland

    Well Done!


    I followed your instructions and it worked instantly, I used driver version 64_8.15.10.2476_PV on build 7989

    igdlh64.zip
    this is the modified INF for lazy people


    thanks XDleader555 you saved me some time.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4



    Junior Member

    Join Date : Sep 2011
    Posts : 3
    windows developer preview


    nice solution can you provide this for x86 version windows thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.   

  6. #5
    vrosa's Avatar

    EF - Fringe Division


    Join Date : Jan 2011
    Belo Horizonte
    Posts : 3,951
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    Brazil


    My laptop has an Intel HD3000 video chipset and Windows 8 installed the drivers natively
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #6
    XDleader555's Avatar

    Power User

    Join Date : Sep 2011
    I'm not sure...
    Posts : 253
    Windows 8 Pro x64


    Quote Originally Posted by vrosa View Post
    My laptop has an Intel HD3000 video chipset and Windows 8 installed the drivers natively
    The native drivers don't have the latest opengl and pixel acceleration.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #7
    Billman87's Avatar

    Member

    Join Date : Jul 2011
    Mackay
    Posts : 18
    Windows 8 Developer Preview
    Australia au queensland


    Also the Microsoft Drivers does not have HDMI support which was my problem as i wanted to run dual monitor off the Intel HD2000


    Here is the modified INF file for the 32bit drivers as onizuka001 requested
    igdlh.zip

    Replace this file inside the Graphics folder and off you go.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #8



    Junior Member

    Join Date : Oct 2011
    Posts : 5
    windows 7


    Quote Originally Posted by Billman87 View Post
    Also the Microsoft Drivers does not have HDMI support which was my problem as i wanted to run dual monitor off the Intel HD2000


    Here is the modified INF file for the 32bit drivers as onizuka001 requested
    igdlh.zip

    Replace this file inside the Graphics folder and off you go.
    I followed your instructions and it installed correctly, but it not working. (core i3 intel hd graphic + latest driver (8.15.10.2509) + Windows 8 32bit)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #9
    XDleader555's Avatar

    Power User

    Join Date : Sep 2011
    I'm not sure...
    Posts : 253
    Windows 8 Pro x64


    Try going to the device manager, (right-click "My Computer" then click "Manage" and then "Device Manager")
    and look in "Display Drivers"

    If it says "Intel(R) HD Graphics family(Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.2)" then you have to update the driver manually.

    Right click "Intel(R) HD Graphics family(Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.2)" and select "Update Driver Software..."
    Choose "Browse my computer for driver software" and then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
    Select "Intel(R) HD Graphics Family" It should say that the driver is not digitally signed.
    You can rightclick your desktop and choose "graphics properties..." to bring up the Intel control panel.

    IF the driver isnt there, then it did not install correctly.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  11. #10



    Junior Member

    Join Date : Oct 2011
    Posts : 5
    windows 7


    Quote Originally Posted by XDleader555 View Post
    Try going to the device manager, (right-click "My Computer" then click "Manage" and then "Device Manager")
    and look in "Display Drivers"

    If it says "Intel(R) HD Graphics family(Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.2)" then you have to update the driver manually.

    Right click "Intel(R) HD Graphics family(Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.2)" and select "Update Driver Software..."
    Choose "Browse my computer for driver software" and then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
    Select "Intel(R) HD Graphics Family" It should say that the driver is not digitally signed.
    You can rightclick your desktop and choose "graphics properties..." to bring up the Intel control panel.

    IF the driver isnt there, then it did not install correctly.
    I tried it, but FAILED. And my laptop running with the default Microsoft Basic Display adapter driver, and it give 1024x768 res, and, of course, NO aero.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000
Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Virtualbox Graphics Driver Virtualization
Solved Problems W/ Graphics in Win 8 Dev Preview Drivers & Hardware
Looking for a Graphics Card Graphic Cards

Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook