Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000

  1. #51


    Does anyone know how to sign Security Catalog Files?
    The driver will not install due to the hash's not matching in the security catalog due to the inf editing. And when you rebuild the catalog, you need to sign it again.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #52


    Posts : 2
    w8 cp


    Im using Intel 4500MHD. it runs great, except when I run minecraft.. It says that I dont have OpenGL. Im pretty sure that is due the builtin driver on w8...
    I tried to download the driver for w7 from intel website.
    But the installation says that i dont have the minimun requisites (windows 7).

    and of course , i tried all compatibilities mode for the driver installation...

    Anyone have similar problem?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #53


    Posts : 6
    fardeen


    well thx for info , i installed hd graphics 2509 on windows 8 by modifying the inf and as in the first post, then i had to enable safe mode

    here is a guide to enable safe mode on windows 8
    hXXp://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-enable-windows-8-safe-mode/

    once done Before Windows starts loading, press F8 key to enter into Advanced Boot Options menu.
    then choose change default and other options
    http://cloud.addictivetips.com/wp-co...mode-enter.png

    then click choose other options
    http://blogs.msdn.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-blogs-components-weblogfiles/00-00-01-29-43-
    metablogapi/8664.Change_2D00_options_2D00_screen_5F00_thumb_5F00_7BDD5930.jpg


    from there choose the option which will allow u to get boot options or disable driver signature enforcement. ur pc will reboot and u will /maybe get the old boot options menu

    http://blogs.msdn.com/cfs-file.ashx/...0_161DC255.jpg

    windows will boot, then try to install the driver again, if it fails, go to device manager, display driver, update driver software, browse my computer for driver software, let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, click have disk, browse, and then just like the first post go to the extracted driver folder where u saved the custom inf, which can be found in the graphics folder, and choose igdlh64.inf , after that, if u did everything well, it will give u a message that driver is not signed. proceed anyway, driver will install reboot pc,

    that's how i did it, thx for XDleader555
    for his post , it was really helpful, hope there is an easier way to do it but right now its the only way unless drivers can be signed, wait until drivers for windows 8 is released
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. #54


    Posts : 3
    Windows 8


    I managed to install the drivers on the consumer preview without going into safe mode using the following steps

    First make the modifications to the inf file detailed in the op

    1) open an elevated command prompt
    2) enable driver test mode using the command bcdedit /set testsigning on
    3) download visual studio 11 ultimate beta from Downloads | Microsoft Visual Studio
    4) once that is done installing and you have restarted go and open an elevated developer command prompt (dev command prompt was installed with VS11
    4) change directory to <extracted driver root>\Graphics
    5) run makecert /r /pe /ss PrivateCertStore -n CN=GfxTest.com GfxTest.cer
    5) make the cat file with inf2cat /driver:<full path to current directory> /os:8_X64
    note that 8_X64 is only for x64 systems if you have a 32bit system you don't need to do any of this
    6)sign the cat file like so, signtool sign /v /s PrivateCertStore /n GfxTest.com /t http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timestamp.dll igdlh.cat
    7) add the new Certificate to the trusted root certification authorities store with the command: certmgr.exe /add GfxTest.cer /s /r localMachine root
    8) add the certificate to the trusted publishers certificate store with the command: certmgr.exe /add GfxTest.cer /s /r localMachine trustedpublisher

    9) uninstall the current driver, hide the update in windows update and reboot

    10) install the new driver using the havedisk method
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #55


    Quote Originally Posted by barchar View Post
    I managed to install the drivers on the consumer preview without going into safe mode using the following steps

    First make the modifications to the inf file detailed in the op

    1) open an elevated command prompt
    2) enable driver test mode using the command bcdedit /set testsigning on
    3) download visual studio 11 ultimate beta from Downloads | Microsoft Visual Studio
    4) once that is done installing and you have restarted go and open an elevated developer command prompt (dev command prompt was installed with VS11
    4) change directory to <extracted driver root>\Graphics
    5) run makecert /r /pe /ss PrivateCertStore -n CN=GfxTest.com GfxTest.cer
    5) make the cat file with inf2cat /driver:<full path to current directory> /os:8_X64
    note that 8_X64 is only for x64 systems if you have a 32bit system you don't need to do any of this
    6)sign the cat file like so, signtool sign /v /s PrivateCertStore /n GfxTest.com /t http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timestamp.dll igdlh.cat
    7) add the new Certificate to the trusted root certification authorities store with the command: certmgr.exe /add GfxTest.cer /s /r localMachine root
    8) add the certificate to the trusted publishers certificate store with the command: certmgr.exe /add GfxTest.cer /s /r localMachine trustedpublisher

    9) uninstall the current driver, hide the update in windows update and reboot

    10) install the new driver using the havedisk method
    I cant by pass step 5 !!

    see attached picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #56


    I'm uploading pre signed drivers now. Just wait a few hours and follow the instructions on the front page.
    EDIT: Done Uploading. Check front page for instructions.
    Last edited by XDleader555; 03 Mar 2012 at 14:30. Reason: Grammar and Update
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #57


    Posts : 5
    Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by MKhairy048 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barchar View Post
    I managed to install the drivers on the consumer preview without going into safe mode using the following steps

    First make the modifications to the inf file detailed in the op

    1) open an elevated command prompt
    2) enable driver test mode using the command bcdedit /set testsigning on
    3) download visual studio 11 ultimate beta from Downloads | Microsoft Visual Studio
    4) once that is done installing and you have restarted go and open an elevated developer command prompt (dev command prompt was installed with VS11
    4) change directory to <extracted driver root>\Graphics
    5) run makecert /r /pe /ss PrivateCertStore -n CN=GfxTest.com GfxTest.cer
    5) make the cat file with inf2cat /driver:<full path to current directory> /os:8_X64
    note that 8_X64 is only for x64 systems if you have a 32bit system you don't need to do any of this
    6)sign the cat file like so, signtool sign /v /s PrivateCertStore /n GfxTest.com /t http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timestamp.dll igdlh.cat
    7) add the new Certificate to the trusted root certification authorities store with the command: certmgr.exe /add GfxTest.cer /s /r localMachine root
    8) add the certificate to the trusted publishers certificate store with the command: certmgr.exe /add GfxTest.cer /s /r localMachine trustedpublisher

    9) uninstall the current driver, hide the update in windows update and reboot

    10) install the new driver using the havedisk method
    I cant by pass step 5 !!

    see attached picture

    I have the exact same problem, anyone who knows why?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #58


    Posts : 5
    Windows 8


    Quote Originally Posted by XDleader555 View Post
    I'm uploading pre signed drivers now. Just wait a few hours and follow the instructions on the front page.
    EDIT: Done Uploading. Check front page for instructions.
    And drop box has already cut off access
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #59


    Posts : 21
    windows 8 release preview


    ok so I tried the first thing posted on here and it fails saying it couldn't install the device driver and then exits setup. getting this fixed fast would be great, any reason why my laptop screen works perfectly fine in save mode and not normal? I know you guys are working hard on this, but help please! would really like to use my laptop as a laptop again.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #60


    Aw, That sucks. Shall I upload a mirror to rapidshare?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000

Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Intel HD Graphics 3000 + Geforce GT555M keep crashing
Since a few days my display driver keeps crashing. This is wat happens: - Screen starts to flicker - Whole screen becomes black, purple or green - A notification appears that says my display driver crashed and has been recovered - Sometimes my screen stays black and I cannot get it to...
Graphic Cards
Screen Blank after enable intel hd graphics 3000
The problem happend after i .. right click on desktop > Graphic option > first thing that i cant remember what is it .. Then the screen suddenly blank ! (The system is still running).. and i startup with safe mode..it has no problem.. I disabled intel hd grahics 3000 device on safe mode.. and...
Drivers & Hardware
Switchable graphics with Intel HD 3000 and Radeon HD 7610M
Alright so I've got a serious problem here, my manufacturer which is ASUS in my case will NOT be supporting this graphcis card or the computer itself so I'm left out in the dark. I have tried with everything and I came to the conclusion that modded drivers works the best which still is pretty...
Graphic Cards
Re-install Intel graphics 3000 HD
When I installed the Video card, I either disabled, or uninstalled, the Intel HD 3000 Video adapter. I am now having issues with the card and wanted to try using the Intel graphics, before replacing the card, but they are no where to be found. "Scan for hardware changes" produces nothing. They...
Graphic Cards
Annoying screen dimming Intel HD Graphics 3000
Hi! I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E520 with an Intel Core I3-2330M CPU and Intel HD Graphics 3000 GPU The problem I'm facing, is that the screen keeps turning the brightness up and down by itself. I'm running Windows 8 Pro X64 and the latest drivers from Intel's website I found a setting...
Graphic Cards
Better to use Generic or OEM Drivers for Intel HD 3000?
I recently upgraded the OS on my Vaio laptop to Windows 8 but instead of using generic drivers supplied by Intel for my Intel HD Graphics 3000 IGPU like the last time I used Windows 7 I installed the OEM drivers supplied by Sony and I'm running into a little performance issue with a couple of my...
Graphic Cards
Intel HD Graphics 3000
I have a DELL Vostro 3550 w/ Intel HD Graphics 3000, and whenever my laptop finishing loading the Windows 8 OS (beta fish) the screen completely disables. I then have to hookup a VGA monitor in order to use it. I already installed EVERY driver from support.dell.com matching my service tag including...
Graphic Cards

Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook