Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


GMA 600 drivers for Windows 8

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1



    Member

    Join Date : Apr 2013
    Posts : 16
    Win 7

    GMA 600 drivers for Windows 8


    I have a Viewsonic tablet that works great with Windows 8 except the graphics driver is kind of flaky (Intel GMA 600)

    There's some posts on it here, but the links are dead. Anyone have updated info on modiefied drivers? Thanks!


      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2



    Banned

    Join Date : Jun 2012
    Posts : 175
    ljkhlj


    Here ya go - http:// turbobit.net/a6tipbpa0i8e.html just remove that space.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3



    Member

    Join Date : Apr 2013
    Posts : 16
    Win 7


    Quote Originally Posted by startas View Post
    Here ya go - http:// turbobit.net/a6tipbpa0i8e.html just remove that space.
    I appreciate it, but the link states "Download service not available in your country". (USA)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4. #4
    XDleader555's Avatar

    Power User

    Join Date : Sep 2011
    I'm not sure...
    Posts : 253
    Windows 8 Pro x64


    Alright, here they are. If they don't work send me your hardware IDs and info on your OS (hardwarewise, 64bit/32bit etc).
    Make sure to install the custom certificate if you haven't already.

    LINKS:
    GMA 600 Modified Drivers
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5



    Member

    Join Date : Apr 2013
    Posts : 16
    Win 7


    Quote Originally Posted by XDleader555 View Post
    Alright, here they are. If they don't work send me your hardware IDs and info on your OS (hardwarewise, 64bit/32bit etc).
    Make sure to install the custom certificate if you haven't already.

    LINKS:
    GMA 600 Modified Drivers
    Thanks very much XD. The new driver installs fine, (I ran the custom certificate install first - rebooted in "test mode") but I still have the same problem as with the oem intel 600 driver - the system tray icon loads for a moment, all functions work including auto-screen-rotation.

    But as soon as I do anything like go to the metro screen or plug something into the USB port... the driver kind of "blips out" - the icon disappears from the system tray. Everything still seems to work and I can manually go into the intel graphics control panel - but auto-rotation no longer works* and streaming video stutters a lot more than it does with with Win7.

    (*I can still manually go into the Intel Control Panel and manually rotate the screen from there.)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6



    VIP Member

    Array
    Join Date : Jun 2010
    USA
    Posts : 537
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
    USA us virginia


    I would be very cautious about where and who I got my downloads from, especially drivers; you never know what else you may be getting. If this is an official driver, you should be getting it from the device manufacturer.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7



    Banned

    Join Date : Jun 2012
    Posts : 175
    ljkhlj


    Well, that why this thread is here - there is no official drivers for windows 8.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8



    VIP Member

    Array
    Join Date : Jun 2010
    USA
    Posts : 537
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
    USA us virginia


    Sorry but I'm somewhat confused, if you have....

    Quote Originally Posted by PVS1959 View Post
    I have a Viewsonic tablet that works great with Windows 8 except the graphics driver is kind of flaky (Intel GMA 600)
    then there should be some "official drivers" as vendors rarely if ever put out hardware where no drivers exist. On the other hand, searching for a "Viewsonic Win 8 tablet" reveals they are hack jobs - Win 8 unofficially installed? If so, yes there are going to be driver issues.

    That said, a quick Google search shows there is a lack of driver support Intel's GMA 600 and Windows 8. Still, I'd be careful of where I got my drivers from, hacked or not.

    Good luck.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9
    XDleader555's Avatar

    Power User

    Join Date : Sep 2011
    I'm not sure...
    Posts : 253
    Windows 8 Pro x64


    Quote Originally Posted by PVS1959 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XDleader555 View Post
    Alright, here they are. If they don't work send me your hardware IDs and info on your OS (hardwarewise, 64bit/32bit etc).
    Make sure to install the custom certificate if you haven't already.

    LINKS:
    GMA 600 Modified Drivers
    Thanks very much XD. The new driver installs fine, (I ran the custom certificate install first - rebooted in "test mode") but I still have the same problem as with the oem intel 600 driver - the system tray icon loads for a moment, all functions work including auto-screen-rotation.

    But as soon as I do anything like go to the metro screen or plug something into the USB port... the driver kind of "blips out" - the icon disappears from the system tray. Everything still seems to work and I can manually go into the intel graphics control panel - but auto-rotation no longer works* and streaming video stutters a lot more than it does with with Win7.

    (*I can still manually go into the Intel Control Panel and manually rotate the screen from there.)
    So Auto-rotation works with the modified drivers?
    And the modified driver blips out(crashes/closes) whenever you go to the metro screen right?

    Have you installed DirectX and updated flash?
    (try not to use internet explorer for watching videos. I had some bad experiences with it.)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10



    Member

    Join Date : Apr 2013
    Posts : 16
    Win 7


    Actually, the same thing occurs with the latest un-modified Intel GMA600 drivers. Auto-rotation works for a moment, then the driver blips out, the system tray icon disappears, and the screen stays in whatever orientation it is in at that time. I can go into Intel Graphics Control Panel and manually change the orientatioin back to normal however.

    Oddly enough, Auto-Rotation didn't work at all under Windows 7.

    I have installed DirectX 9, and the latest version of Flash & Java.

    The only really annoying problem is streaming video (Youtube, etc) which was fine in Windows 7 on this tablet, but stutters a lot in Windows 8, even when I have a 140mbs "N" Wi-Fi connection using an external USB wifi adapter. I've tried several browsers: IE-10, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari.... all of them have trouble with streaming video, although Firefox seems to work better than the others.

    Funny thing is that everything about Windows 8 is way faster on it except streaming video. Playing .avi's works perfectly fine.

    I've tried several different Intel graphics drivers, modified & unmodified -- and nothing changes much. They all install without a problem and work well for all other functions as far as I can tell.

    It is a Viewsonic ViewPad 10pi, with an Intel Atom Z670 1.5ghz processor, 2gb of RAM, Intel SM35 Express Chipset (latest Windows 7 32 bit drivers installed from Intel) and the Intel GMA-600 graphics chip. It also has a Sandisk 64gb SSD drive. It has a very basic "Aptio" BIOS made by American Megatrends.... there's almost no hardware configuration settings in it except boot priority and com port enable/disable.

    EDIT: I still don't have a 32 bit "Custom Certificate Installer" so I'm just using the two BCDEDIT.EXE commands you listed in the other thread when installing the Graphics drivers.
    Last edited by PVS1959; 20 Apr 2013 at 12:04 PM.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
GMA 600 drivers for Windows 8
Similar Threads
Thread Forum
My printer Drivers wont install: MP Drivers?? please help Drivers & Hardware
AMD Drivers keeps crashing in Windows-8 Graphic Cards
Saving drivers from Windows.old Drivers & Hardware
Solved When will Windows 8 drivers Drivers & Hardware
Solved Which Drivers to install on Windows 8 64-bit ? Drivers & Hardware

Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23