Have a Dell inspiron 17r that recently starting failing to boot (Windows encountered a problem blue screen) and then goes into a automatic repair loop.
Things that I have tried
- Ran Dell internal diagnostics, no errors or issues.
- Booting to safe mode or command prompt. I can't access safe mode or CMD due to the auto repair loop
- Restore to a previous recovery point. When I try any option in the advanced menu Windows give an error that I must log in as an administrator and that there are no administrators configured on the system. (single user who is an admin on the system)
- Boot with Windows 8.1 install disc. Unable to launch bcdedit as discussed in many articles, tells me it can't load the boot configuration.
- Ran system restore from 8.1 CD which runs for about 30 minutes and then give an error that a file could not be accessed.
- From Windows 8.1 CD I have run chkdsk (no errors) and SFC (no issues found)
- There are no external devices connected to the laptop, no USB mouse, etc.
I've spent a few hours going over all the MS articles along with anything I could find on a forum, given what I've attempted so far is there anything else I can do.