Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

Window 1 to 8 lol

  1. #1


    Posts : 5
    Window 7 Forever

    Window 1 to 8 lol


    Click image for larger version

    lol

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    Posts : 520
    Windows 8, x64, DP8102 - Win7 Ultimate x64, Dual Boot


    Hi, jazneo, Welcome to the Eight Forums!

    What you fail to understand, considering you presented it on your first post here, leads me to believe you actually think there is a similarity between Win 3.1 and the Win8 Metro Start Menu.

    Either that, or you are merely attempting to stir the pot with irrelevant comparisons.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    Posts : 5
    Window 7 Forever


    Quote Originally Posted by mikedl View Post
    Hi, jazneo, Welcome to the Eight Forums!

    What you fail to understand, considering you presented it on your first post here, leads me to believe you actually think there is a similarity between Win 3.1 and the Win8 Metro Start Menu.

    Either that, or you are merely attempting to stir the pot with irrelevant comparisons.


    that not window 3.1 that window 1 the very first Microsoft window




    this is window 3.1

    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. #4


    Posts : 520
    Windows 8, x64, DP8102 - Win7 Ultimate x64, Dual Boot


    OK, Win 1.0.

    Either way, I think you are being disengenuous.

    Just my opinion, mind you.

    Hey, if you like Win7, stick with it. Many people are still on XP.

    Go for it. As for me, I embrace the changes wholheartedly.
    Certainly, I report back with any issues and inconveniences I see but I like this direction.
    Next on my list will be ditching my iPhone and getting a Win8 phone when it's available.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Posts : 5
    Window 7 Forever


    they should just make a add on to window 7 not make whole new system. only reason they doing this for window tablet. nothing more
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Posts : 520
    Windows 8, x64, DP8102 - Win7 Ultimate x64, Dual Boot


    Quote Originally Posted by jazneo View Post
    they should just make a add on to window 7 not make whole new system. only reason they doing this for window tablet. nothing more
    Indeed. What's wrong with that?
    Are you still stuck in the Win 1.0 days?

    If you weren't, jazneo, you would understand this is entirely different.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Posts : 5
    Window 7 Forever


    Quote Originally Posted by mikedl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jazneo View Post
    they should just make a add on to window 7 not make whole new system. only reason they doing this for window tablet. nothing more
    Indeed. What's wrong with that?
    Are you still stuck in the Win 1.0 days?

    If you weren't, jazneo, you would understand this is entirely different.

    so you going to spend $300 dollar Window 7 with little feature they add and call window 8

    Micorsoft go by this patter

    window xp good

    window vista bad
    window 7 good

    window 8 just got greedy and little feature


    give a homebrew computer programmer couple month they can do the same feature there doing for free
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Posts : 520
    Windows 8, x64, DP8102 - Win7 Ultimate x64, Dual Boot


    Quote Originally Posted by jazneo View Post
    so you going to spend $300 dollar Window 7 with little feature they add and call window 8
    Remember, jazneo, this is a pre-beta.

    Quote Originally Posted by jazneo View Post
    Micorsoft go by this patter

    window xp good
    window vista bad
    window 7 good
    No, jazneo that is your "patter," whatever that means.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazneo View Post
    window 8 just got greedy and little feature
    LOL! You do have an agenda and it ain't about helping anyone here, jazneo.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazneo View Post
    give a homebrew computer programmer couple month they can do the same feature there doing for free
    Yeah, go for it. LOL!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    Posts : 5
    Window 7 Forever


    nvm i found it :P wow that was quick

    http://newgen.codeplex.com/



    o
    h here better one
    lol

    http://omnimo.info/index.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails abc1_thumb.jpg  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Posts : 520
    Windows 8, x64, DP8102 - Win7 Ultimate x64, Dual Boot


    It ain't the same, jazneo, no matter how much you want it to be so.

    Quote from your latter link:
    Inspired by the Metro UI, Windows Phone 7, Windows 8 user interface. The project is not using, even partially, any code from Windows Phone 7. The graphics were created from scratch to resemble the ones of Windows Phone 7.
    Really, what's your agenda, jazneo?
    Last edited by mikedl; 23 Sep 2011 at 00:29.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Window 1 to 8 lol

Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Need NEW Window to open directly on top of Previous window
Hello, I am currently working on a genealogy project. I am entering 1700+ names and dates into a awesome open source software. My set up is .... Wordpad open to text I am entering from on the left side of screen. Website open on right side of screen. I am trying to streamline this process as...
Customization
Window doesn't open full screen when hover over IE window
I have a Lenovo N580 laptop. Last week, I had to do a factory reset (with help from Lenovo Tech Support) because of compatibility problems with new software from my employer and windows 8.1 which is actually worse than windows 8. The compatibility problems caused my screen to go black. When...
General Support
Window 8 saying failure configuring window features
My window 8 ultra books has been showing faluire configuring window features for nearly hours and I can't swipe or do anything with it, this happened after the window updates happened, I don't know what do any more, I switched it off and then turned it on, but it's still ones back faluire...
Windows Updates & Activation
Will window 8 automatically change to another window editi
Hello all, I would like to ask some information about8, previously I installed Windows 8 Developer , after sometime (I am not pretty sure how long after installation) the window was automatically degrade to window 7 if I am not mistaken. Would Windows server 8 beta and Windows 8 Beta...
Installation & Setup
Removing Window 7 after Upgrade to Window 8
Hello Everyone, I have recently upgraded to Window 8 and now I ahve both Window 7 & 8 installed in my system. I can keep both however due to limited hard disk space I want completely remove Window 7. Please advice on best ways. . . Thanks
Installation & Setup
Window 8 Build 9200 RTM After Window Update Some Icon Missing
Hi , My Window 8 automatically Window Update and now some of the icon missing :huh: Anyone encounter this and possible to fix this ?
General Support

Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook