Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

Window 1 to 8 lol

  1. #21


    I kinda like it but don't, as for "metro" im guesing this is more aimed to those of the city say at a public transit stop trying to find attractions/stops/ect not for the avrage user (tho I could be off) as for it being geared around touch screen, I like that, recognized my touch screen display with out issue just hooked it up and off i went...granted this is only Alpha so I am 100% certain things are and will with out question change from now and beta/release days...


    I do agree about the clock bit tho, would be better to keep it a static piece on screen

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #22


    As to the clock you can install a clock gadget on the desktop, I also installed a power off / restart gadget on the desktop.
    In the Metro UI they'll (or someone will) most likely create a Clock Tile, or have the option to.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #23


    Cheshire, UK
    Posts : 66
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64x /Windows 8 Professional 64x


    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Guys, its an early alpha release! A lot can and will change before RTM. It wouldn't surprise me to see an option to enable or disable the metro UI if you aren't using a touch interface. It may even do it on its own based on what hardware is detected during the install. I for one hope so as I wouldn't be in a big hurry to use the Windows 8 Metro UI on anything other than a tablet.
    to be honest, the Metro UI is very usable with mouse and keyboard, if you want to disable the UI then why bother buying Windows 8 in the first place? surely with the UI disabled then it'll be Windows 7? (i've come to this conclusion as i've played with 8 and apart from being more difficult to access stuff we normally could get to in 2 clicks, it is still 7)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. #24


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by acr731 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
    Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

    What exactly is so funny?
    That's so silly and clever! But not entirely true.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #25


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by MrNeeds View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Guys, its an early alpha release! A lot can and will change before RTM. It wouldn't surprise me to see an option to enable or disable the metro UI if you aren't using a touch interface. It may even do it on its own based on what hardware is detected during the install. I for one hope so as I wouldn't be in a big hurry to use the Windows 8 Metro UI on anything other than a tablet.
    to be honest, the Metro UI is very usable with mouse and keyboard, if you want to disable the UI then why bother buying Windows 8 in the first place? surely with the UI disabled then it'll be Windows 7? (i've come to this conclusion as i've played with 8 and apart from being more difficult to access stuff we normally could get to in 2 clicks, it is still 7)
    I CONCUR! People are making prejudgments about Windows 8 when it just officially reached the Alpha stage. We're still not at beta, that's when we start making more solid judgments.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #26


    I think Jezneo is one of those people who cant stand change, I went through all the DOS and then windows, just couldn't wait for the next windows, it is call progress Jezneo , Microsoft is there to make money and have to change with the time and trends or go out of business
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #27


    Posts : 5,357
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    I think you will find it is called a joke.

    It amused me.

    A separate point:

    Microsoft is there to make money and have to change with the time and trends or go out of business
    I fear they have missed the boat ...again.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #28


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    I think you will find it is called a joke.

    It amused me.

    A separate point:

    Microsoft is there to make money and have to change with the time and trends or go out of business
    I fear they have missed the boat ...again.
    I don't think they have missed the boat, they just jumped on the boat late and will rock it. It's usually what happens since Windows is on a 3 or so year release cycle. Back way when with Windows 1, it came after the mac and started to gain popularity. It took a while yes, but by 95, the word mac had been almost abolished. It's like that today. The ipad came out a few years ago after Windows 7, that has become mainstream. Windows 8 is come out, late of course, and change that. Probably by Windows 9 or 10, the ipad will just go the way of the mac: only a small group of apple drones will have them.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #29


    Posts : 5,357
    7/8/ubuntu/Linux Deepin


    Here's one for you Cokie.

    There is a lot of talk about massive tablet sales over the next couple of years.

    Which price sector do you think is going to be hot?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #30


    Posts : 5,707
    Windows 8.1 Pro


    Quote Originally Posted by SIW2 View Post
    Here's one for you Cokie.

    There is a lot of talk about massive tablet sales over the next couple of years.

    Which price sector do you think is going to be hot?
    I can't say for sure since the PC market has all its niches that suit people well. But, if I had to say a price point, a REAL good price point would be the 500-800 dollar tablet PC. It's affordable for many people, costs as much as a typical laptop and as volume increases a 500 dollar tablet will be quite amazing in the next few years.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Window 1 to 8 lol

Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Need NEW Window to open directly on top of Previous window
Hello, I am currently working on a genealogy project. I am entering 1700+ names and dates into a awesome open source software. My set up is .... Wordpad open to text I am entering from on the left side of screen. Website open on right side of screen. I am trying to streamline this process as...
Customization
Window doesn't open full screen when hover over IE window
I have a Lenovo N580 laptop. Last week, I had to do a factory reset (with help from Lenovo Tech Support) because of compatibility problems with new software from my employer and windows 8.1 which is actually worse than windows 8. The compatibility problems caused my screen to go black. When...
General Support
Window 8 saying failure configuring window features
My window 8 ultra books has been showing faluire configuring window features for nearly hours and I can't swipe or do anything with it, this happened after the window updates happened, I don't know what do any more, I switched it off and then turned it on, but it's still ones back faluire...
Windows Updates & Activation
Will window 8 automatically change to another window editi
Hello all, I would like to ask some information about8, previously I installed Windows 8 Developer , after sometime (I am not pretty sure how long after installation) the window was automatically degrade to window 7 if I am not mistaken. Would Windows server 8 beta and Windows 8 Beta...
Installation & Setup
Removing Window 7 after Upgrade to Window 8
Hello Everyone, I have recently upgraded to Window 8 and now I ahve both Window 7 & 8 installed in my system. I can keep both however due to limited hard disk space I want completely remove Window 7. Please advice on best ways. . . Thanks
Installation & Setup
Window 8 Build 9200 RTM After Window Update Some Icon Missing
Hi , My Window 8 automatically Window Update and now some of the icon missing :huh: Anyone encounter this and possible to fix this ?
General Support

Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook