I am slowly getting acclimated to Windows 8. I have one problem that I can find no way around, and I am hoping someone out there can provide some resolution to the problem. When I initially turn the PC on, it takes me to a screen that, in order to proceed, I am forced to enter my password. I do not need this function since I am the only person that will ever use this computer.
Can someone advise me of how I can cancel the need for signing in with a password please? Thanks in advance for any help and/or advice you can provide. I look forward to hearing from you.
1. Boot your PC and enter your password.
2. Press <Win>+<X> (by which I mean hold down the Windows key and then tap X). Or with the mouse, move the cursor to the bottom left corner of the screen and right-click and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
3. In the pop-up menu that appears, click Command Prompt (Admin).
4. In the command prompt, type control userpasswords2, then press <Enter>. (If this sounds familiar, it's because the same command works in earlier versions of Windows.)
5. In the User Accounts dialog that appears, uncheck the box marked Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
6. Click OK, then confirm the automatic sign-in option by entering your password (twice).