After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8 everything seems to works fine except when I want to run command line applications from 3rd party programs. When this is happening the Windows 8 command prompt just stop working. I have to use many programs based on command prompt for web developing so this is really annoying for me.
- When I try to use Jetbrains PHPStorm integrated command prompt to run custom commands like functional testing with phantomjs, a window appears that the Command Prompt stops and the task ends with "Process finished with exit code -1"
- When I try to use LESS.JS compiling from a 3rd party application eg. WinLESS the effect is the same above
- When I try to use nodejs based command line windows applications I get the command prompt stop message
On the opposite: when I run the command prompt by myself, it seems to work well with command line applications like nodejs, the problem only appears when the command prompt triggered by a 3rd party application.
I tried the following:
- Using powershell instead of cmd
- sfc /scannow multiple times
- Run 3rd party applications with administrator rights
- Disable Bitdefender Windows 8 security
- Reset PATH variable
The event manager application log for the cmd errors:
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-01-21T12:18:30.000000000Z" />
- Toshiba A500-1DN notebook
- Windows 8 Professional after upgrading from Windows 7 Professional
Please help me!