Then you need to try to find and delete the configuration file for that game. It should be somewhere in "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\GTA Vice City User Files" or something like that. That directory should store game settings.
Originally Posted by Gautham
You can do one of two things.
- Delete "gta_vc.set" file and start the game. Access the settings and change your resolution.
- Try to open "gta_vc.set" with Notepad (double click the file and choose to open the file with Notepad) and search for "640" (press the ctrl and the f key on your keybo ard to do the search). After finding that number, you can change that to your resolution.
- For example, it it might look like this (change 640 to 1366 , 480 to 768, and 16 to 32):
Res_Y = "640"
Res_X = "480"
Col_bit = "16"
You can also try running the game in compatibility mode.
- Right click the shortcut, select properties.
- Then click the compatibility tab.
- Click the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" square and select "Windows 98/Windows ME".
- Also, double check that nothing else is selected in that compatibility tab. For example, the "Reduced color mode" or "Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution" should probably not be selected...