Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

Show Us Your Rig!

  1. #571


    Come again?
    Everything all right neighbor?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #572


    Posts : 87
    Win 10 Enterprise X64


    Quote Originally Posted by proudtobegreek View Post
    Come again?
    Everything all right neighbor?
    Hi what do you mean /
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #573


    Quote Originally Posted by Gamer11 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamer11 View Post
    mine
    wanted to be good and what I gain
    I think I learned it
    Hi there,what did YOU mean?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. #574


    Posts : 60
    Windows 8.1 pro


    Click image for larger versionClick image for larger version
    Anyone have any tips installing corsair link? I've got the fans connected to the motherboard at the moment because everytime I try to install corsair link my pc freezes up, forcing hard reset. I've tried the registry fix with no luck. I just want to change the colors.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #575


    That's a nice rig you have there, chromatica.

    I don't have an answer to your problem, but you may want to post your question here if you have not already: Drivers & Hardware - Windows 8 Forums
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #576


    Nearby... In an astronomical sense.
    Posts : 43
    Microsoft Windows 10 Professional


    Quote Originally Posted by chromatica View Post
    Anyone have any tips installing corsair link?
    • Try another Motherboard USB Header to connect the Corsair Link to
    • Update Motherboard Chipset Driver
    • Update Motherboard USB Driver
    • Update Corsair Link Driver
    • Update BIOS/UEFI
    • Reset BIOS/UEFI
    • Threaten Corsair Link with a Sledge Hammer or similiar menacing tool of destruction

    Just some ideas that came to mind.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #577


    USA, CA
    Posts : 191
    WIN 7 PRO x64, WIN 8.1 PRO x64


    Quote Originally Posted by chromatica View Post
    Click image for larger versionClick image for larger version
    Anyone have any tips installing corsair link? I've got the fans connected to the motherboard at the moment because everytime I try to install corsair link my pc freezes up, forcing hard reset. I've tried the registry fix with no luck. I just want to change the colors.
    when I used the h100i the corsair link was buggy and when you woke the pc from sleep it would disconnect from the software and then just stay white so even if you get it to work it may not be how you want it but yeah try updating drivers for your chipset.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #578


    USA
    Posts : 689
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center


    Quote Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
    when I used the h100i the corsair link was buggy and when you woke the pc from sleep it would disconnect from the software and then just stay white so even if you get it to work it may not be how you want it but yeah try updating drivers for your chipset.
    I barely use Link. Anyway with the latest version of Corsair Link, there is no registry hack required. In fact, if you did one, reverse it, and try the software again. Be aware that it is recommended to removed the old version first, re-boot, than install and do another re-boot.

    Have the H100i, running Windows 8.1, and the software is OK...

    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #579


    USA, CA
    Posts : 191
    WIN 7 PRO x64, WIN 8.1 PRO x64


    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
    when I used the h100i the corsair link was buggy and when you woke the pc from sleep it would disconnect from the software and then just stay white so even if you get it to work it may not be how you want it but yeah try updating drivers for your chipset.
    I barely use Link. Anyway with the latest version of Corsair Link, there is no registry hack required. In fact, if you did one, reverse it, and try the software again. Be aware that it is recommended to removed the old version first, re-boot, than install and do another re-boot.

    Have the H100i, running Windows 8.1, and the software is OK...

    Click image for larger version
    Yeah besides that one flaw it was fine for me just that one flaw sucked.

    Edit: I had never heard of a reg edit, was it for just getting the program to install?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #580


    USA
    Posts : 689
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center


    Quote Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
    Edit: I had never heard of a reg edit, was it for just getting the program to install?
    There was a reg edit tweak posted in the Corsair forums a while back to get the software to work for Windows 8/8.1. It would install, but wouldn't read anything without the hack. Since then that tweak is no longer needed with the subsequent releases. I used the hack myself, (just had to change a value from 1 to 0) but have since reverted back when they released their next revision. Since then all has been good with minor annoyances here and there but as I said, I rarely use it so it's a non issue for me. In fact I don't see what all the buzz is about the software.

    Hope that answered your question.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Show Us Your Rig!

Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Show us your WEI
My WEI score is better in 8 than in seven... How to Update or Refresh the Windows Experience Index (WEI) Score in Windows 8 and 8.1 32 bit developer preview w/2 Gb ram in VMware workstation 8 1986
Performance & Maintenance
Why so many new members do not show their rig
Strange thing and not my concern.... but recenly many questions for help are asked while computer info is NEVER shown. Jeff
General Support
second HD does not show in win explorer
Hi, 1. I backed up my Seagate win8 "C" partition, using Paragon, in the spare Maxtor HD & it used 61.9GB, the rest 50gb are free space. As Win8 was installed in "C" I presumed that The Maxtor if installed alone in the PC it would boot up but, it does not. Should't it? 2. The other thing is...
Drivers & Hardware
video won't show
I appreciate your help. When I go to NEWS then I click on the picture with VIDEO, all I can see is a dark screen with an arrow on left top screen indicating going back. Could you please tell me what's wrong with my computer or OS. Why it doesn't show the video. Thanks.
General Support
no show image
When I click the photo image is not displayed While the small mode is displayed. 26637 26638 why?
General Support
External do not show up
Hi, I have this problem were external hard drive do not show up on my PC. First my I put my friends in and it did not work, then I went out and brought one myself (different brand) and it does not show up. Windows automatically installed the drivers it said it even know what time of external...
Drivers & Hardware
show us your BBC apps
if you are lucky enough to find them show us your favs... heres mine 22297
Chillout Room

Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook