Following the rabbit hole deeper, I've sat and thought about what is essential to my needs from a new Win8 device purchase:
- x86 compatibility is needed, along with a USB Port and HDMI/Mini Display Port for showing the tablet on a HDTV.
- touchscreen is needed, but pen support isn't necessarily needed.
- includes a keyboard which separates from tablet for when I need that, but which isn't completely separate all the time so that it's one more thing to have to carry in your bag, or in my case I would likely misplace it a lot and not have it to hand when I do need it.
- something respectable in processor/graphics/memory so that it can play at least some games on low/normal settings, and to watch YT/stream Netflix & Twitch without buffering and stuttering. Don't see a point in getting a new device just to have to get a more powerful one later on, thus making the first purchase obsolete and a waste of money when the replacement becomes my new 'main'.
- Be priced somewhere around, but preferably below £400-£500
can anyone help?