Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Self-made Windows 8 Wallpapers

  1. #231


    Bay Area
    Posts : 21,384
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64


    Good ones Keith and neoteo

    A Guy

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #232


    Watford
    Posts : 465
    Windows 7 x64 SP1 Home Premium/Win 8.1 in VBox


    Thanks Bill.

    Nice neoteo.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #233


    Orbiting the Moon
    Posts : 2,972
    Windows 10 x64


    Great work Keith! You're a professional with vectors.

    I really like that mix neoteo! Very good color combinations.

    This is a StarScape variation generated in GIMP:
    Click image for larger version
    For the starry sky fans.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. #234


    Watford
    Posts : 465
    Windows 7 x64 SP1 Home Premium/Win 8.1 in VBox


    Thank you Horace. nice star field. I also do a bit in Photoshop and GIMP but am more comfortable with CorelDRAW.

    This one was done in GIMP and Photoshop.

    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #235


    Orbiting the Moon
    Posts : 2,972
    Windows 10 x64


    Quote Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
    Thank you Horace. nice star field. I also do a bit in Photoshop and GIMP but am more comfortable with CorelDRAW.

    This one was done in GIMP and Photoshop.

    Click image for larger version
    Thanks.
    Great to see another one! I've added this to my planetary collection.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #236


    Posts : 474
    Win 8 (64) : Win 7 (64) : Vista (64) : Android JB 4.2 : iOS 6


    Thanks guys for the compliment.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #237


    Arnhem, The Netherlands
    Posts : 1,412
    Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Media Center Edition


    Quote Originally Posted by fourthofjuly View Post
    My Start Screen

    Attachment 20357

    My Wallpaper

    Attachment 20358

    The overall effect:

    Attachment 20359

    Cheers!

    Great overall effect there!!! You must have taken the word "Wallpaper" literally .

    How dit you get the picture of the broken glass screen in the first place? Smashed the windscreen of you car? Or a window in your house?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #238


    Posts : 474
    Win 8 (64) : Win 7 (64) : Vista (64) : Android JB 4.2 : iOS 6


    Quote Originally Posted by Der Snoober View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fourthofjuly View Post
    My Start Screen

    Attachment 20357

    My Wallpaper

    Attachment 20358

    The overall effect:

    Attachment 20359

    Cheers!

    Great overall effect there!!! You must have taken the word "Wallpaper" literally .

    How dit you get the picture of the broken glass screen in the first place? Smashed the windscreen of you car? Or a window in your house?
    I just grabbed the broken glass from the web. Took a shoot of my wall, layered them on photoshop, tweaked the opacity of the broken glass layer for the "see-through" effect and scaled it to match the pattern size on my wall. Voila!

    I basically got the idea when I was using my guest bathroom at home. I have a picture frame there that matches the wall on my living room. I just added a little twist with the broken glass effect.

    Click image for larger version



    Cheers!
    Last edited by fourthofjuly; 27 Apr 2013 at 13:23.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #239


    That has got to be the most ingenious thing I've see since I first booted 8. Sincerely!

    People that don't know better must walk into the room and stare with shock.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #240


    Posts : 474
    Win 8 (64) : Win 7 (64) : Vista (64) : Android JB 4.2 : iOS 6


    Quote Originally Posted by Hopachi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
    Thank you Horace. nice star field. I also do a bit in Photoshop and GIMP but am more comfortable with CorelDRAW.

    This one was done in GIMP and Photoshop.

    Click image for larger version
    Thanks.
    Great to see another one! I've added this to my planetary collection.
    Talking about "planets", I've created "micro planets" in Photoshop of some places I took a shot of.

    Click image for larger version

    Click image for larger version

    and some other manipulation. This photo of the earth on a water drop is not Photohopped. It is called "refraction" shot in macro level. The earth image is refracted from my PC LED monitor.

    Click image for larger version

    And one of my moon shots...

    Click image for larger version

    Hope you enjoyed looking at them as I enjoyed making them.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Self-made Windows 8 Wallpapers

Similar Threads
Thread Forum
The Moon is not made of cheese it is made of Plastic.
Household plastic ingredient spotted in space Household plastic ingredient spotted in space | Cutting Edge - CNET News
Chillout Room
Custom Windows 8 Wallpapers
;)This thread is for all those who want to share their custom creations. This is my attempt. :) http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/077/f/c/shhh______by_nickmix01-d3bxy0k.png http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/094/6/d/windows_8_beta_m3_wallpaper_5_by_nickmix01-d3d6yvf.png ...
Chillout Room
More Windows 8 Wallpapers
Here's some more Windows 8 Wallpapers, Windows 8 Hype - Free Windows 8 Wallpapers
Customization
8 Windows 8 Wallpapers
8 Windows 8 Wallpapers
Customization

Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook