Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Most members online?

  1. #161


    Bay Area
    Posts : 21,381
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64


    Good snip Tony, thanks It went to 19,999 then didn't move. Congrats Eight Forums

    A Guy

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #162


    Germany/Florida
    Posts : 4,515
    Vista and Win7


    20.000 is great. But there are still 12 times as many on the sevenforums. Maybe that tells us something.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #163


    Arkansas
    Posts : 412
    Windows 8 - 64 bit


    My guess is that this forum is much newer.. so has less members., probably will catch up closer as time moves forward.
    Congrats W8Forums.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. #164


    Oregon
    Posts : 214
    Windows 8 Pro w/Media Center, Windows RT


    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    20.000 is great. But there are still 12 times as many on the sevenforums. Maybe that tells us something.
    The jokester in me wants to say something like, "Window 7 forum has 12 times as many members because Windows 7 has 12 times the problem." Reality IMO has more to do with time. You'd expect an OS that has been around in retail channels years to have more than one that has only been around months.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #165


    Germany/Florida
    Posts : 4,515
    Vista and Win7


    Quote Originally Posted by rmeigs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    20.000 is great. But there are still 12 times as many on the sevenforums. Maybe that tells us something.
    The jokester in me wants to say something like, "Window 7 forum has 12 times as many members because Windows 7 has 12 times the problem." Reality IMO has more to do with time. You'd expect an OS that has been around in retail channels years to have more than one that has only been around months.
    Of course. That is understood. But I doubt that the eightforums will ever have the popularity of the sevenforums because Windows 8 will not become as popular as Windows 7.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #166


    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    Of course. That is understood. But I doubt that the eightforums will ever have the popularity of the sevenforums because Windows 8 will not become as popular as Windows 7.
    What brand is your crystal ball? Mine says it will.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #167


    Germany/Florida
    Posts : 4,515
    Vista and Win7


    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    Of course. That is understood. But I doubt that the eightforums will ever have the popularity of the sevenforums because Windows 8 will not become as popular as Windows 7.
    What brand is your crystal ball? Mine says it will.
    No Chrystal ball. Only 40 years experience in the computer industry.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #168


    Bay Area
    Posts : 21,381
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64


    Popular, or necessary? For those who will get Windows 8 by default on new PCs, there is likely a greater learning curve then the change from the previous OS's. This may indeed become a busy forum due to an increase in help needed. Popular is another matter, time will tell. A Guy
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #169


    @ whs

    I truly respect your expertise and opinion. I always thought that 8 would be slow out of the gate, but once people are informed as to what MS is trying to accomplish I think it will pick up speed, especially on mobile devices. Time will tell.

    @ A Guy

    There will be plenty of upgraders and fresh installers as well.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #170


    Germany/Florida
    Posts : 4,515
    Vista and Win7


    Tony,

    I am afraid that once people are informed as to what MS is trying to accomplish, they are going to be even more reserved.

    What they really want is to get more control of what we are doing and paint us into a corner. Then we are stuck and have to pay whatever they ask. That's why it is important to resist in the beginning.

    Fortunately for M$, most people don't fathom their game - or should we call it 'strategy'.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Similar Threads
Thread Forum
VIP Members
So why are there some peple listed as VIP Members? I know theyare from Seven Forum, and I hapen to be from SF too, but im still making myself up into the ranks. I now see that i am a member Thank you to whoever implemented this.
Site Stuff
400 Members now!! :D
400 members now windows 8 forums are growing quickly. http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8192/400q.th.jpg
Chillout Room
100 members!
Here it is guys, the first 100!! :D 29 Looking forward to many more!
Chillout Room

Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook