Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums

Today

  1. #1521


    Solo.
    Posts : 2,159
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit


    Today I got one virtual thank from an OP who actually solved the problem himself.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #1522


    Posts : 476
    WCP / Win.7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Ismail View Post
    Today I got one virtual thank from an OP who actually solved the problem himself.

    Wonderful!
    A thank you costs nothing but means so much!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #1523


    Quote Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
    Today I stuffed my machine.
    Huh?

    A Guy
    Managed to break a new WCP install. Good thing there was a backup
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. #1524


    Posts : 993
    Windows 8 pro Retail


    Quote Originally Posted by Kynix View Post
    Today i cleaned my computer fan filters (oh god, just a week since i last did and it was so full of dust that i wonder how air even got trough it.)
    Kynix, go to your local hardware store, and purchase some screen door fiberglass mesh, and duct tape. Now when you get home, turn your computer around, measure the vent opening, and cut off a big enough piece of that mesh that will allow an inch wider on all 4 sides. (Clean it before you apply the mesh (inside and out) cut 2 pieces of the duct tape the length that you need for this project , now with those pieces cut them in half long wise. Now line up the mesh, and slowly put the tape on the mesh and case (MAKING sure not to cover any part of the vent). OK, from this point on all you will have to do is wipe that mesh off with a damp paper towel, and she'll be dust free. (Note: This should be DONE on the outside of the case.)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #1525


    A Finnish ex-pat in Leipzig, Germany
    Posts : 1,443
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center


    Made a new tutorial today: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...same-time.html

    It's useful if you want to run two Metro apps simultaneously, or run a Metro app on classic Windows desktop alongside your browser or another app.

    Kari
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #1526



    Am I int the right place?
    Helsinki
    Posts : 340
    Windows 7 x64 Home Premium / Commodore OS Vision / Windows 8 Release preview


    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lonewolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kynix View Post
    Today i cleaned my computer fan filters (oh god, just a week since i last did and it was so full of dust that i wonder how air even got trough it.)
    Kynix, go to your local hardware store, and purchase some screen door fiberglass mesh, and duct tape. Now when you get home, turn your computer around, measure the vent opening, and cut off a big enough piece of that mesh that will allow an inch wider on all 4 sides. (Clean it before you apply the mesh (inside and out) cut 2 pieces of the duct tape the length that you need for this project , now with those pieces cut them in half long wise. Now line up the mesh, and slowly put the tape on the mesh and case (MAKING sure not to cover any part of the vent). OK, from this point on all you will have to do is wipe that mesh off with a damp paper towel, and she'll be dust free. (Note: This should be DONE on the outside of the case.)
    The cleaning isn't a problem, because this case has a panel you just remove, but i mean that my computer acts like a vacuum cleaner.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #1527


    Solo.
    Posts : 2,159
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit


    Run to office early at 7. Realized one report haven't been finalized.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #1528


    Somewhere Over The Rainbow
    Posts : 4,115
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8 Consumer Preview x64/Ubuntu 11.04


    Today I got 49/50 (98%) in a SOSE test.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #1529


    bangalore
    Posts : 634
    Windows 8.1 professional x64 + WMC


    Quote Originally Posted by JaidynM View Post
    Today I got 49/50 (98%) in a SOSE test.
    Congrats..Can you expand SOSE

    I have splitting head ache today.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #1530


    Bay Area
    Posts : 21,385
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64


    Quote Originally Posted by JaidynM View Post
    Today I got 49/50 (98%) in a SOSE test.
    Congrats smart guy

    A Guy
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Today [2]
Are you talking the Loma Prieta earthquake in 89, Bill? I was watching the Oakland/SF world series game that evening when the TV went fuzzy. My first thought was that the TV blew. I checked the other channels which worked and thought that was strange. Then I thought maybe it was the tuner was going...
Chillout Room
two bsod today
normally I only get bsod when I have fast boot enabled. I have it disabled. but today I had two bsod that where around 5 hours apart. I was using chrome beta version to browse neowin site and playing a video through media player classic when the system kinda stopped. the video froze with...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
What's on your menu today ?
One more "What ... today?" thread ! Corn Mash Carioca Beans Rice Yellow Carrot Chicken with Okra 24336
Chillout Room
Today is the day.
Today is the day where someone will leak the hashes and build numbers of the TechNet RTM builds of Windows 8. So hopefully we'll see if the leaked RTM builds are the real McCoy or the whore's lipstick. Part of me hopes it's the latter....
Chillout Room
USA Today app problem
I have installed the free USA Today app on the Metro interface and have used it without problems. Today I clicked on a story but now can't get out of it. I can return to Metro with no problem, but when I return to USA Today, the same story is there and I can't go to anything else. Anyone know how...
General Support
USB failed today
idk wat happened but last night everything was fine and this morning i turn on my comp and my mouse and keyboard dont work for some reason so i restarted and same thing tried unplugging and plugging back in and didnt help so i got a differant keyboard and tryed pluggin in the front of the case and...
Drivers & Hardware

Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook