Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Why should I display country/state flag?

  1. #1

    Why should I display country/state flag?


    Hello,

    Unlike SF, theres no option here NOT to display a flag. I dont want to display any flag. But the system shows it as USA/ Alabama by default. Please tell me how I can get rid of it.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #2


    California
    Posts : 1,714
    Windows 7 Home Premium S 64 bit


    Under edit profile towards the bottom.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #3


    it does not allow you to leave it empty , unlike sf, i personnally like the flag to be displayed, it helps with recommendations on where the poster can buy parts etc from
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. #4



    The Contemplator
    (1963-2013)
    Doncaster, UK
    Posts : 638
    Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64


    An excellent point, Kathryn. If people are wanting assistance for their systems, it helps us to narrow down the sources. In addition, if it is a laptop, they are sometimes area specific and information on them can only be found on the website for that particular region. Also, if they are looking to buying some new components, we can sometimes point them to possible vendors in their geographical area.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #5


    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
    An excellent point, Kathryn. If people are wanting assistance for their systems, it helps us to narrow down the sources. In addition, if it is a laptop, they are sometimes area specific and information on them can only be found on the website for that particular region. Also, if they are looking to buying some new components, we can sometimes point them to possible vendors in their geographical area.
    yes Dwarf , i do find it annoying doing a search for a driver ,finding it then find the OP cant install the driver because its region specific
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #6


    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
    Hello,

    Unlike SF, theres no option here NOT to display a flag. I dont want to display any flag. But the system shows it as USA/ Alabama by default. Please tell me how I can get rid of it.
    Hello, Bill2;

    I have no flag displayed: Attachment 497

    To select no flag, you simply need to scroll one up from Alabama to the empty space:

    Attachment 496

    Cheers!
    Robert
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #7


    Sydney Australia
    Posts : 2,941
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit


    Quote Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
    it does not allow you to leave it empty , unlike sf, i personnally like the flag to be displayed, it helps with recommendations on where the poster can buy parts etc from
    Quite correct, I have been quoted Newegg prices etc for parts on other forums where this is not available and being in Australia I can't and don't want to buy there.
    Besides I am proud to be an Aussie, except when you Poms beat us at cricket.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #8


    Hey thanks, Robert! i found the empty space above Alabama and above USA. I wish it could be named "None". Thats the standard convention.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #9


    England
    Posts : 194
    Windows 7 Profesional x86, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard


    Well you Kangaroos dont't have much to be proud of at the moment then .

    I've been quoted Best Buy prices before and Best Buy only opened last month in Britain!! You can't buy online yet and theres only about 2 shops open at present.

    Oli
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #10


    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
    Hey thanks, Robert! i found the empty space above Alabama and above USA. I wish it could be named "None". Thats the standard convention.
    You are most welcome!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Action Center flag behavior
Hi, I need Action Center flag appear only when an issue arises (like a WIndows update is needed). At other times, when "No current issues detected" I need the flag to disappear (but not hide !, because I don't need any hidden items on my task bar). I can't turn the flag off altogether, because I...
Customization
Cannot access US websites due to out of country install
Hi everyone, My mother's laptop was bought in Taiwan and the installation of Windows 8 was also done in Taiwan. For some reason, when she was in Taiwan, she was unable to access any US websites without a VPN....the technicians in Taiwan said that it was "inevitable" (whatever that means)...and...
Installation & Setup
An easy well known (US only) country song
I have to find song to play to some French people to test if they can hear the missing word. For example "I hurt xxxxxx today To see if I xxxxx feel I xxxxxxx on the pain The only thing that's xxxxxx" I'm not allowed Cash or Parton though. Any ideas? It has to be country music.
Chillout Room
Why doesn't sub folders inherits the r flag?
Hi! I've got a problem when trying to see the downloaded files from my Boxee on my already shared folder it can't see the files in the new folder untill i set the r flag. Why doesn't the folders inherits the r flag? Or why must i set it manually? Can i change this behavior somewhere?...
Network & Sharing
Set Computer to Worng Country
Hi, just bought a new Win 8 laptop today and when I was setting it up I said I was in the wrong country. Now on my start screen I'm getting news and sport from that country and would like it from my own. How do I change it to my own country? Thanks :D
Installation & Setup
Country Flag
Is there no flags for french regions as Brittany ? 6504
Site Stuff
Country
As I only installed the preview yesterday, I'm still finding my way around and pushing buttons to see what happens. I get a couple of things about Country, and on investigating the help, I get: When you sign in to the app, make sure that the country on your computer is set properly and your...
General Support

Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook