Windows 8 and 8.1 Forums


Reputation and Badges

  1. #821


    Congratulations, Kerry! Good for you!

      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. #822


    W hat gives ? Spent good $$ on this o/s & I need a BADGCE to get help with it ! I don't recall reading about needing extra approval to assist in using it ! GET SERIOUS..REALLY !!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3. #823


    Posts : 46
    Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional


    Quote Originally Posted by kenhawk76 View Post
    Spent good $$ on this o/s & I need a BADGCE to get help with it !
    No you don't. If you have a question or need help/assistance in any way you can just post and create a thread about it. The badges are there for the people who offer assistance rather than ask it. If we offer good assistance to people in need, they can give reputation points to said post. And if enough reputation points have been accumulated, a badge will be awarded to us. See it as a virtual pat on the shoulder.

    Quote Originally Posted by kenhawk76 View Post
    I don't recall reading about needing extra approval to assist in using it !
    Yes you did. We all do, always, everywhere.
    If someone does something good, people notice. And more than once, you will get compliments for doing something good.
    Now if you make a post here that is of good help to an OP, we will also notice, and we might add to your reputation because of it. If enough people do it, you will earn a badge.

    You seem to look at the badges the wrong way around. You don't need them in order to give advice. No. When you have given enough good advice, you are awarded with them.

    Quote Originally Posted by kenhawk76 View Post
    GET SERIOUS..REALLY !!
    VistaForums has over 100.000 members and over 250.000 threads, SevenForums has over 290.000 members and over 270.000 threads and EightForums has more than 40.000 members and over 40.000 threads. These forums, our forums, are the worlds biggest Windows knowledge repository and their ranks consist out of numerous great people, including Microsoft Community Contributors, Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals, UNITE certified Malware Removers and many many more.
    Please, enlighten us, how is that not serious?


    Nommy
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. #824


    Thx...my bad !! Never gave thought how I made this posting :-[
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. #825


    Bay Area
    Posts : 21,385
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64


    Well put Stefan

    A Guy
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. #826



    I am Woman! Hear Me Roar!
    NJ
    Posts : 1,116
    4 Windows 7 Pro Sp1- 4 Win 8 Pro, 1- xp pro sp3


    Congrats Kerry and everyone else i missed
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7. #827



    I am Woman! Hear Me Roar!
    NJ
    Posts : 1,116
    4 Windows 7 Pro Sp1- 4 Win 8 Pro, 1- xp pro sp3


    Quote Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
    Well put Stefan

    A Guy
    ditto!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. #828



    I am Woman! Hear Me Roar!
    NJ
    Posts : 1,116
    4 Windows 7 Pro Sp1- 4 Win 8 Pro, 1- xp pro sp3


    I am here to help and so should others, the badges to me are nice but not necessary. I gave out copies of windows 8 for free and did not ask anything in return except a thank you. I did not do it to get more rewards or badges. If that is the only reason you are here then this place is really not for you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9. #829


    San Jose - California
    Posts : 2,846
    8.1x64PWMC Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64


    Quote Originally Posted by robinb9 View Post
    I am here to help and so should others, the badges to me are nice but not necessary. I gave out copies of windows 8 for free and did not ask anything in return except a thank you. I did not do it to get more rewards or badges. If that is the only reason you are here then this place is really not for you.
    but congratulations any way
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. #830


    Harrisonburg, Va.
    Posts : 10,488
    Windows 8.1.1 Pro with Media Center


    Quote Originally Posted by topgundcp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robinb9 View Post
    I am here to help and so should others, the badges to me are nice but not necessary. I gave out copies of windows 8 for free and did not ask anything in return except a thank you. I did not do it to get more rewards or badges. If that is the only reason you are here then this place is really not for you.
    but congratulations any way
    Click image for larger version
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Rep and badges
Can we have a post similar to the first page of THIS ONE so as to explain the various ranks etc. I know a similar one has been created in this forum but it does not explain things as clearly as the Windows 7 one
Site Stuff
Badges?
Hey, Well I'm new here (member of the Seven Forums) though, and I was wondering what the system for user badges is here. Is it connected to the Seven Forums at all?
Site Stuff
Reputation And Badges?
What Are They For This Forum?:D
Chillout Room
Reputation?
It Seems I Got Two Reputations, i checked on my "User CP" how come i didnt get any rep, like points it just says neutral but when you give rep there is no neutral.
Chillout Room
Reputation and Badges?
Can we give repuation points, and are the badges the same as in sevenforms?
General Support

Eight Forums Android App Eight Forums IOS App Follow us on Facebook